Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trijicon SRO on M&P

Ragnar175

I have a 2.5 MOA on a 1st gen 5" CORE and a 5 MOA on a 2nd Gen 5" CORE. Both are my C/O pistols. I did have an issue with my 5 MOA where the negative terminal broke off and had intermittent power. Trijicon replaced it. Fluke I guess. Both have run fine over the last 2 seasons. 

On 10/20/2021 at 10:52 AM, Lior said:

I'd buy one if I could but ITAR makes it prohibitively difficult. I can only scrounge around locally.

Question: would a Gen1 RMR plate fit a Gen2 CORE?

You could take your polymer plate and have someone local that has any kind of mill, even a micro mill, duplicate it from a thin piece of 4130 or other steel alloy.  It's not overly complex.  To answer your question I seem to recall someone using a gen 1 plate on a gen 2 slide so that should work.  Only downside is the small gap as the cut out is longer on the gen 2 slides but the pattern is the same.  Again I am going off memory of what I read not first hand experience. 

Thanks for your input Tim. I asked S&W's support on Facebook and they said that the Gen 1.0 RMR plate would work on a Gen 2.0 slide. I procured one and used it to install the SRO after the screw stump was extracted from the slide. So far so good!

If you have issues with the screws loosening try adding a drop of purple loctite to each of them.  It does not fully harden but stays gooey and prevents screws from backing out but still easier to remove as your not having to break hardened adhesive loose.

Make sure those bolts are at least grade 8 not sure what the EU or int equivalent is I think it maybe 11.4?

Glad you were able to get a plate easily.

Edited by tim_w