Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Revolvers @ Area 4 Reload

Makicjf

Howdy,

Just stumbled across the Area 4 make up match for July 19-21.  We have 4 revolvers since I registered this morning:  is anyone close enough to shoot the match and add another revo or 3?  I'm actually shooting Major to practice for the IRC Limited 6, so there will only be  3 shooters who will be competitive and one who will  be reloading to much...:)  Another few zrevolver shooters would be nice.

Jason 

As much as I'd like to shoot another Area match revo, travel to the middle of the county is not in the budget. I'm not exactly competitive but happy cannon fodder to keep the division populated enough for trophies.

2 minutes ago, ffl said:

you don't have to shoot major in limited 6 at the IRC

Thanks for the warning! I assumed all of ICORE PF was still 120 with one round over counting.  I was debating shooting 6 minor at area 4, but if I can gain a few points for major I will.  I couldn't talk myself into shooting minor.

My minor load for the IRC is a 230 chugging along at 600 fps... It's remarkably accurate, I was afraid it would be unstable.

I'm trying to decide if I want to load 230's or 200 for Area 4 Major PF .  Any thoughts?

Jason

2 hours ago, Makicjf said:

Thanks for the warning! I assumed all of ICORE PF was still 120 with one round over counting.  I was debating shooting 6 minor at area 4, but if I can gain a few points for major I will.  I couldn't talk myself into shooting minor.

My minor load for the IRC is a 230 chugging along at 600 fps... It's remarkably accurate, I was afraid it would be unstable.

I'm trying to decide if I want to load 230's or 200 for Area 4 Major PF .  Any thoughts?

Jason

Jason use the 230's. The reload ease is more than worth it in my opinion . They just fall in, so major scoring and a bit faster reloads help close the distance when competing against 8 shot minor in USPSA.

10 hours ago, mchapman said:

Jason use the 230's. The reload ease is more than worth it in my opinion . They just fall in, so major scoring and a bit faster reloads help close the distance when competing against 8 shot minor in USPSA.

Mark,

I think you are correct`.  The 230's for the 625 I actually roll crimp into the upper lube groove of the lee 228 1R mold... they reload very easily.  The 200 grainers do not have a lube groove, thus would have to be taper crimped.  Maybe I'll use the 200's for my 1917 when I shoot Outlaw Wild Bunch/Doughboy with my 1917 and Mosin.  They really don't load as slick as the 230 round nose with a roll crimp.  Also, at Major PF I can't tell one iota of difference in recoil or shot recovery.  

I only have about 200 cast, so I'll need to pour some lead pretty quickly;  at least I already have the load worked up!

Thanks!

Jason

Learning to count to six again is a bit challenging, but solving the puzzle for six is a lot of fun.  My reloads SUCKED all day, but another shooter pointed out for some reason only known to my inner idiot I was throwing the revo to the left as I ejected.   Working on correcting this and keeping my elbows coming straight in just as they go straight out.  Area 4 this Saturday is going to be entertaining shooting Major! Sorry, Didn't realize the video was so grainy

Edited by Makicjf