Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Losing Because Of A Lack Of Ammo

Pierruiggi

Today there was a small club match. Small club, small match.

2 stages, 30 rounds minimum. One stage was 22 shots, the other 8.

I took 50 rounds (a box) of .45ACP to the mini-match.

The 22 round COF was really difficult, it was to be shot in SHO and it involved shooting a 6 inch plate and several other targets surrounded by No-shoots at 20yds. So, in that particular part of the COF, a miss was also a PT hit. You then took off to engage some close range targets and finished with three 6 inch plates configured in a row (ALA plate rack) at 12 yards.

I shot it rather good, great time, good hits on paper (13 alphas, 1 charlie, 2 deltas), no PT's, no misses, that PT trap didn't caught me, no gun malfunctions, only some make up shots. Everything was great up until the last 3 plates row. The god darn middle one FELL at some point during the COF. Range equipment failure, insta re-shoot.

It killed me.

I knew I was going to run out of ammo and I got very nervous. I wasted and botched the stage to hell.

I had 2 PT's 1 miss... and... I ran out of ammo before finishing the stage...

AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!

I shot the short stge with borrowed ammo.

Being only two stages (and the other one an 8 shot, low match point stage), I miserably lost the match.

So, ok, ok; it was my fault for losing my cool, but anyways... It sucked.

Always bring LOTTTTSSS of ammo. You never know what's going to happen at a match. Most of our home matches call for 96 rounds. I bring at least 200 or so. 50 for warm-up and the rest for... whatever. Even a few extra besides that for a fellow shooter who may have bad ammo or insufficient ammo.

Always bring LOTTTTSSS of ammo.  You never know what's going to happen at a match.  Most of our home matches call for 96 rounds.  I bring at least 200 or so.  50 for warm-up and the rest for... whatever.  Even a few extra besides that for a fellow shooter who may have bad ammo or insufficient ammo.

Roger that!

As I said, it was borrowed ammo from a fellow shooter what allowed me to finish (Thanks Dante and Elvio).

As for bringing wxtra ammo to a match, I don't reload and a box was all I could afford.

Oh well. Better times will come :)

Good advice!

Today there was a small club match. Small club, small match.

2 stages, 30 rounds minimum. One stage was 22 shots, the other 8.

I took 50 rounds (a box) of .45ACP to the mini-match.

The 22 round COF was really difficult, it was to be shot in SHO and it involved shooting a 6 inch plate and several other targets surrounded by No-shoots at 20yds. So, in that particular part of the COF, a miss was also a PT hit. You then took off to engage some close range targets and finished with three 6 inch plates configured in a row (ALA plate rack) at 12 yards.

I shot it rather good, great time, good hits on paper (13 alphas, 1 charlie, 2 deltas), no PT's, no misses, that  PT trap didn't caught me, no gun malfunctions, only some make up shots. Everything was great up until the last 3 plates row. The god darn middle one FELL at some point during the COF. Range equipment failure, insta re-shoot.

It killed me.

I knew I was going to run out of ammo and I got very nervous. I wasted and botched the stage to hell.

I had 2 PT's 1 miss... and... I ran out of ammo before finishing the stage...

AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!

I shot the short stge with borrowed ammo.

Being only two stages (and the other one an 8 shot, low match point stage), I miserably lost the match.

So, ok, ok; it was my fault for losing my cool, but anyways... It sucked.

What's a PT?????

Always bring LOTTTTSSS of ammo.  You never know what's going to happen at a match.

Yea, I got a reinforcement of this lesson at the Ohio State Match. On one of the field courses (Barnyard Shuffle - 32 rds), I had to reshoot due to one of my bullets going through a window sill in a wooden wall and hitting a popper visible through the window...declared range failure. After I reshot the stage, it was determined that two swingers that sat near each other could possibly over lap when activated, so everyone was made to reshoot the stage. Of course the third run was the worst for me (reshot the stage after completing the other 8 stages...and I'm on chemotherapy, so I tire easily), but I sure got my money's worth on that stage!

Always take twice as much ammo as you think you'll need!

Always bring LOTTTTSSS of ammo.  You never know what's going to happen at a match.

Yea, I got a reinforcement of this lesson at the Ohio State Match. On one of the field courses (Barnyard Shuffle - 32 rds), I had to reshoot due to one of my bullets going through a window sill in a wooden wall and hitting a popper visible through the window...declared range failure. After I reshot the stage, it was determined that two swingers that sat near each other could possibly over lap when activated, so everyone was made to reshoot the stage. Of course the third run was the worst for me (reshot the stage after completing the other 8 stages...and I'm on chemotherapy, so I tire easily), but I sure got my money's worth on that stage!

Always take twice as much ammo as you think you'll need!

I ended up shooting that stage 3 times too. At least it went good, bad, and then best. I always bring 2-3 times as much ammo as is required.