Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Wsxiv Double Swingers

TxD

Can anyone who was there discribe those half hidden double swingers and how to shoot them?

What was the distance from the shooting area to the targets?

Can you discribe how they were swinging? (Always one on left and one on right

changing places or sometimes together?)

From the various video, they really looked tough.

Thanks. Dave.

The basic deal is they're effectively two swingers on one axle, starting on opposite sides (the WS ones had one weight and two axles geared-together, but the principle is the same)

The way they were all set up at the WS was a central steel no-shoot at the point where they cross over each other (impenetrable hard-cover is required for the overlap), and a steel hard-cover base that covered them in the pre-activated state. So, what you saw is 1/4 of the swing, on either side of the central NS. The way most people shot them was to go 1-2-3-4 on paper, one shot per pass of the paper, staying on one side of the NS. If you got all 4 hits, you had 2 on each paper. The bad part was when you called a miss, you lost track of which paper you were shooting at and ended up throwing a lot of extra rounds downrange.

They were slightly offset, so at rest they stuck out a little bit from the central NS-- they weren't disappearing targets

I think I overheard Victor offering to give the plans to somebody that asked about them at the match. You might try dropping him a line. The design is pretty basic-- one swinger with a gear on the axle, which drives another gear and axle with the second target on it, but I bet the details take a bit of work to get right.

Here's a video of one.  From the shooter's angle, you can't see it before it starts.

http://www.uspsa-photos.org/gallery/albums...IV_2Swing_2.wmv

I have one video of this Swinger.

Video

and some pics

post-6-1127398404.jpg

post-6-1127398471.jpg

post-6-1127398573.jpg

post-6-1127398686.jpg

post-6-1127398818.jpg

When i´m shotting this swinger at first time i loose my concentration and shot sbout 7 rounds, result, 4 hits in one target and 1 miss in the other one.

My friend told me, choose one side and shoot only at this side of Meteal Penalty target , when the target appears shoot, and wait for other to appers in the same side, if you switch the side you will loose with one you already shot.

Bye

When I shot the swingers I would let the first swinger go by then get it on the way up with one shot. Then the next one didn't go behind the hard cover so you could get it with two shots and wait for the other one and finish up. I did this all on one side. That was the quickest way I could come up with. Any other ways????

• 1 month later...