Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Graduation

EricW

Congradulations!!!

From my experience the last semester before graduation is the worst. Typically I think most plan for the last one to be light so you can prepare for a job. But that just gives you more time to reflect on how cool college is!!!

Too stressful. Stay in school till they get so tired of you that they offer you a job.

:D:PB)

Congrats!  Another double E.....What subgenre is your thing?

Hopefully electronics / IC design. I was strongly considering working for an electrical utility, but sort of scrapped that due to the obvoius mind-numbing boredom and bureaucracy that would be involved.

Not to mention the fact that they have to work with voltage and power levels that can vaporize an elephant into charcoal briquets.

About 30 years back when I started work as a EE, we had a young lady come into interview for a job. She had worked in the elictric utility power industry.

This guy drew a circuit and said: "OK, you have 5V logic gates set up like this. If I put a "zero" here, whay will be the output?"

She stared at it and said:

"5V? Nothing will run on THAT........"

Congrats!  Another double E.....What subgenre is your thing?

Hopefully electronics / IC design. I was strongly considering working for an electrical utility, but sort of scrapped that due to the obvoius mind-numbing boredom and bureaucracy that would be involved.

Not to mention the fact that they have to work with voltage and power levels that can vaporize an elephant into charcoal briquets.

About 30 years back when I started work as a EE, we had a young lady come into interview for a job. She had worked in the elictric utility power industry.

This guy drew a circuit and said: "OK, you have 5V logic gates set up like this. If I put a "zero" here, whay will be the output?"

She stared at it and said:

"5V? Nothing will run on THAT........"

That's hillarious!

Reminds me of a day in physics class. Our profs really went the extra mile in trying to communicate the difference between pseudoscience and real science. Inevitably, we had to talk about UFO's, which led to a discussion of SETI. That begat a discussion of how the sequence of prime numbers (something like the first 20 digits or so) had been transmitted off into the cosmos in the hope that someday and alien scientist would detect the transmission and would reply.

One dumb bunny frantically raised her hand and blurted out, "but what if they don't speak English?!!"

:rolleyes: