Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TGO and the springfield Xd

I got a chance to shoot the XD tonite. Very Impressive. I put 50 rds. thru a 9 in about 10 minutes. The front sight tracks right back in place beautifully, and the trigger is nice, light and smooth. With that price, and a 5 incher and ported models on the way...hhmmmmm.

So my question is, in which matches or events is TGO using the XD?  Anybody know?

I've not talked to him so I don't know but . . .

I believe it was ruled that the XD falls into ESP due to its hammer system.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him shoot it in Lim-10 or ESP though (or SSP if legal). Its a great gun. Reliable, shootable, and pretty dang cool all around.

JB

I have heard from a number of people in USPSA that the XD will not be allowed in production because the BATF, and Springfield itself, considers it a single action pistol. Anyone else heard that?

The only reason I mentioned it was because from what I was told, Springfield says the striker on the XD is not retracted and then released, like a GLOCK, but simply released, like a 1911 or a DA/SA gun in the single action mode, which would I guess tecnically make it a single action pistol. I'm all for letting it in production class, I would just hate to be the XD shooter at the Factory Nats. who ends up shooting minor L10 because I didn't know any better. I can't wait to check out one of the 5" models!!

• 2 weeks later...

It's legal for IPSC production - http://www.ipsc.org/proddiv.htm

This is a quote from John Amidon in an email that I recieved from him on Feb 8, 2002 on the topic.

"The Springfield XD is a double action pistol on the first shot, even though

it feels like a single action.  It is no different from the Glocks on the market

and legal in Production."

I don't know about IDPA