Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Finally Getting A Classification, Some Questions?

mcb

Alright so I finally shot my forth classifier in Limited-10. At this point it will be my first classification in any division. So do they simple calculate you class by averaging the four scores? If that is the way the score is calculated did I metaphorically shoot myself in the foot? Here's what I have so far.

56.9086%

60.5893%

55.9845%

67.7787%

That averages to 60.3153% which if I am understading this correctly that would put me as a B class shooter. Is this correct? Hmmm... It seems I am about to get smoked at larger matches. Although I have just eeked out a B classification I not sure I am really that good. It really shows on longer stages as my ranking is usually lower than the classifier above may indicate. I really expected to be a C class shooter untill I shoot that 67.7787%. Correction and advise is always welcome.

Thanks

mcb

I don't know what class that puts you in but the answer to your question IMO is no, you did not shoot yourself in the foot.

I tell this to my daughter all the time as it relates to advanced classes in school. When given the opportunity to excel - excel.

If you are classed higher than what you "thought" then that puts more pressure on you to perform. That pressure is an opportunity and will probably cause you to become a better shooter quicker - I can see nothing but good out of that.

J

Thanks guys, I hadn't really though about prizes. I have never shot a match were there were prizes to be won. Just local club matches were at best you get some bragging rights. I guess I want to be competitive and getting classed to high or two low can put you by yourself. I don't really need to win but would like to be in the mix. It makes things more fun and interesting. But you guys are probably right its better to be classifies slight better than you really are then slightly worst than you really are. Hopefully it will be more incentive to shoot better and get back into the mix.

I was most curious how they calculate your classifications especially for a new shoot like myself. If on my next classifier I only shoot say 55% that would cause my average would fall to C class would I get moved down? It seems that in my position and skill level I could end up waffling between C and B for my next few matches until I get six solid B classifiers scores.

Thanks

mcb

...or through a petition process. Like Loves2 said, it's all on the web.

Actually, congrats are in order. That's some fine shooting! I've been trying to make B class limited 10 for a while. It seems a lot easier to make it on your initial,four stage, classifiaction.