Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Guns with built-in shot timers?

Saw this article posted on talk.shooters.com, where they don't like it because they think the anti-gunners will make it mandatory (not too improbable, granted):

http://www.kypost.com/2002/jun/21/guns062102.html

Basically proposing a coin sized shot timer that would be placed inside the grip of a pistol.  I think it would be a pretty neat idea, especially if you could download shot data from your gun to a computer with a scanner.  

Also would be cool to have a recoil actuated timer instead of sound actuated, so multiple shooters could shoot at once on some courses of fire.  

What do y'all think?

Semper Fi,

DogmaDog

Sorry Erik and SG,

I am current champion of destroying all things electronic.  My powers are so vast that I'm able to render products inert before I ever receive them.  

Give me the counter.  I shall bring it to it's knees before it gets loaded on the UPS van.  [Thank God none of my guns take batteries, or I'd never make it through a match.  :)]

E

Oh yeah? Last night I turned my tumbler on and it popped and threw sparks and smoke. Scared the shjt out of me. (This is the Midway tumbler that was recalled for a fire hazard.) I thought that stuff only happened in the movies.

(Edited by Erik Warren at 9:07 am on June 27, 2002)

OK tough guy, try this...  :)

Have a hairdryer short out and blow up in your hand - giving you small 3rd degree burns.  I can't believe I haven't been recruited by Underwriters Laboratories by now.

Bah - you ain't killed nothing until you've killed the alarm and battery and ignition system on your truck - it was an accident - I swear :-)

I've also broken both door handles on the truck (why won't it open - yank - oh - it's locked

Hairdryer's average life expectancy is 3 weeks (it's actually in the budget every 3 weeks!)

c-more batteries get replaced every 2 weeks.

And lastly, at least once a year, I break, sprain or twist both my ankles and wrists (yup - I'm in a wrist brace now - grrrrr!)  Seems I have a problem walking :-)

Yeah SG, I can relate.  Every so often I get asked who my doctor is.  I say "I don't have a regular doctor, but I've got an orthopedist".  She sees me come in the door and it's "What sport was it _this_ time??"

Am I gonna see your picture if I look up klutz in the dictionary?

No need to be remorseful Nik - the answer is a resounding YES!  So much so, my family calls me Kathy Klutz... shoulda seen the look on my dad's face when he saw me "running around with a gun"!!!  And then of course there's the skiing story - but I'll save that one for a rainy day :-)