Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Taccom Uppers

True. I’m actually quite curious to see what changes/improvements the team at JP is making for their version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If I remember right, I think they were doing some sort of mid-comp design. Should be interesting.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

So here is my official stance (as owner of TACCOM) on people saying 'copy'.........a barrel is a barrel. There's kinda only one way to skin that cat. You want light/ you go super short on the barrel and use an aluminum shroud. Who 'copied' the first 16" barrel? the first 14.5" barrel with a pinned on brake? I don't look at it as a copy......it's a barrel, JP will put their own twist on it, that I am sure. I somewhat doubt that it will be as light as ours, but might be, who knows? AND.....barrels come to you guys at all types of prices as well......our's is $159.95, the price of the JP has yet to be determined......as for accuracy, chamber? I'll put ours up against anyone's, anytime  :)  We strive to give you a great product at a very affordable price......always.

And remember......even though I own TACCOM.......I used to work for JP, I have great respect for them and John Paul who I consider a very good friend, so yes, you could say that to a point, I am a JP fan boy too.

So here is my official stance (as owner of TACCOM) on people saying 'copy'.........a barrel is a barrel. There's kinda only one way to skin that cat. You want light/ you go super short on the barrel and use an aluminum shroud. Who 'copied' the first 16" barrel? the first 14.5" barrel with a pinned on brake? I don't look at it as a copy......it's a barrel, JP will put their own twist on it, that I am sure. I somewhat doubt that it will be as light as ours, but might be, who knows? AND.....barrels come to you guys at all types of prices as well......our's is $159.95, the price of the JP has yet to be determined......as for accuracy, chamber? I'll put ours up against anyone's, anytime  [emoji4]  We strive to give you a great product at a very affordable price......always.

And remember......even though I own TACCOM.......I used to work for JP, I have great respect for them and John Paul who I consider a very good friend, so yes, you could say that to a point, I am a JP fan boy too.

I honesty don’t care about who “copies” what, I care more about what works and what fits my budget. Your TACCOM products have for the most part helped me do what I do better, and that’s the most important thing to me. You keep doing what you’re doing, and I’ll keep supporting your brand. It’s just that simple. Thanks for your focus on continued innovation Tim, I appreciate the work you put in to help progress our sport/hobby/addiction!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like the JP barrel is out.  I am a big JP fan as anyone else, but I think I am going to get a Taccom ULW upper when the new Taccom shortstroke bolt and recoil system prototype is ironed out : )  I was ready to order but glad I waited for the new Taccom goodies... but the wait is killing me.

https://www.jprifles.com/buy.php?item=JPSM9-5.5UL10

1 hour ago, Sniperboy said:

Looks like the JP barrel is out.  I am a big JP fan as anyone else, but I think I am going to get a Taccom ULW upper when the new Taccom shortstroke bolt and recoil system prototype is ironed out : )  I was ready to order but glad I waited for the new Taccom goodies... but the wait is killing me.

https://www.jprifles.com/buy.php?item=JPSM9-5.5UL10

Why wait? Let me be your enabler 😈

15 hours ago, Sniperboy said:

Let me know when your new fancy bolt (you are introducing a new bolt design right?) and new fancy recoil system thingee goes live!  Glad I waited but hate the more waiting. : )

I am 100% positive you will know  :)