Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STI DVC-L or STI-3G

Shorty4087

Seriously considering making the investment and have limited it down to these two choices to support my sponsors. For those of you with experience in 9mm with either or both platforms, I would greatly appreciate your insight and benefits of either platform. I primarily shoot 3G but dabble in USPSA, Steel Challenge and other shooting disciplines. I was fortunate enough to have a premier STI dealer at my vacation destination and was able to handle both. Other than the magwells and slide milling, what else am I missing between the two?

I’ve owned both and preferred the 3 gun. I like lighter guns apparently that snap a little more. 

The limited obviously has more weight up front with the bull barrel and full dust cover. It dips a little more and is a little overkill for 9mm IMHO. 

I’d choose the 3G in 9mm, but only if you are getting it at dealer or close to dealer price. 

Please dont buy a STI for $3000 when there are much better custom options at that price point. 

I’d suggest a Warwick Tactical Outlaw if someone told me they had 3k. Full CNC precision build and then handfit. I’ve owned two and handled three and they are my favorite guns currently. 

i have the old school versions of both, the edge and eagle (just 5" though).  they're both awesome guns.  you might appreciate the longer sight radius of the 3g being 5.5".  also, that has a rail if you want to add a light to it.

Yup, 3g has a 1/2" longer sight radius.  I love mine.  The only one I would ever replace it with is the John Wick model.  I used mine in two USPSA matches and a falling steel match.  Less felt recoil than my Shadow 2, too.

I can't say enough good things about my 3G.  It has run great.  I have run all kinds of loads through it and I just plain shoot it very well.  Anyone I have let try it come away impressed.  The added length makes a difference to me.   I added a mag well and SV trigger.  

img%5D

Edited by MPrimo

31 minutes ago, MPrimo said:

I can't say enough good things about my 3G.  It has run great.  I have run all kinds of loads through it and I just plain shoot it very well.  Anyone I have let try it come away impressed.  The added length makes a difference to me.   I added a mag well and SV trigger.  

img%5D

Looks great and appreciate your insight!