Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Conversation with Max at US Steel Shoot

ZackJones

I can't find the specific discussion where I said I would talk with Max Michel at the US Steel Shoot about the XFive and the new red dot. Things didn't go as planned and I didn't get to shoot it but I did get to look at it and handle his Carry Optics XFive. First impression was how heavy the gun is. He's running tungsten guide rod and grip weights in it. The optic sits on top a mounting plate which we've all seen from the photos. Eventually it will be melted into the slide. Compared to the Romeo 1 the glass on the new sight is huge. I didn't have my gun handy so I couldn't get any side by side photos. I'll do that next month when I see him at the World Speed Shooting Championship. I wish I could have spent more time and shot it but we were wrapping up the match and I had to attend to other duties. I know I'll be ordering one as soon as they become available. (No he didn't say when that would be.).

Walther put a steel frame on their Q5 Match pistol. If Max wants one and the Walthers sell well, maybe SIG would add one on.

I'm hopeful that SIG, being a larger company, won't follow the path of Beretta and slow down their new pistol products now that they have the military contact and the need to dedicate production resources to that.