Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

X-Five barrel porting options

rlapid216

Hey everyone! Has anyone installed a Bar-Sto ported barrel on their X-Five? I'm looking to go that route instead of a comp for an open pistol. Bar Sto has a choice of 1, 2, or 3 ports. Just wondering if anyone has done it and what they recommend . Most of the porting I've seen on the web for other pistol brands has been 2 ports. 

Mag-na-port offers their autoport service on stock barrels. That may be a cheaper alternative. ~$145

autoport.jpg.7adfc69b5642c78c730d2feff664a209.jpg

Food for thought, Lone Wolf's 6 port design on Glocks might be interesting on an X-Five. The slide cutouts already provide placement. I may consider getting a Bar Sto 2 port barrel and ask if Mag-na-port can EDM port the interior part of the barrel inside of the slide cutouts. Maybe they could make the front 2 cutouts in the slide into one big one and cut 4 ports in the barrel to copy Lone Wolf's design.

Although 4 interior ports on a 9mm might be too much porting. Maybe 2 interior ports might be better. Of course I'd have to put a weaker recoil spring or hotter ammo to cycle reliably. 

52300344_lonewolf6port.thumb.jpeg.a1caab93ea4415d1a7ead1d6b0113b60.jpeg

1-SIG-X5-SlideC.thumb.jpg.e623109bb40342c969c8f791e31fd9ed.jpg

What do you guys think? 

If your planning on shooting minor it would be ok but your gun won't last long shooting major.

If you want to port it add 3 or 4 vertical ports and a comp and it will shoot really flat.

Edited by thompsoncustom

Don't add ports.

I had a glock with a ported lone wolf barrel and a stock lone wolf barrel. Made no difference IMO.

That factory barrel isn't gonna like high pressure loads. They barely tolerate normal reloads.

What is the purpose of this gun?

Don't add ports.

I had a glock with a ported lone wolf barrel and a stock lone wolf barrel. Made no difference IMO.

That factory barrel isn't gonna like high pressure loads. They barely tolerate normal reloads.

What is the purpose of this gun?

I’ll be shooting Open in 3 gun.

From the sound of it, I’ll leave the factory barrel alone.

The Bar-Sto ported barrel isn’t a huge hit on the wallet, so I’ll go that route and see how I like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I'll try out PMM's ultra comp setup on my X-Five lower. Not sure how the shorter barrel will perform, but from their videos, there's very little muzzle rise. With 3gun, accuracy isn't as important. Thanks for the advice!