Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shadow Tac II vs. SP-01 Shadow

WoodrowAugustus

I have an offer to trade into a CZ custom shop 75 Shadow Tac II.  Already have a SP-01 Shadow and an SP-01 with soon-to-be CGW work, so is there anything that makes it worth owning the Shadow Tac 2 as well?  I’ve looked around and there is not a lot of info on this discontinued model other than a smattering of high reviews.

The shadow tac 2 is a cz custom 75 shadow.  It is not a de-cocker model.  It comes with a short reset disco, extended FP and 13 pound main spring.  The "Tactical" portion of the name comes from the fact that it comes with a tritium front sight and fixed rear sights.  The internals are fully polished by cz custom.  It has an 85C trigger, aluminum grips, and extended mag release. Mine was about 8 pounds DA and 2.5 SA out of the box.  The main difference between a shadow tac 2 and a SP-01 Shadow (other than the fact that the tac2 comes already worked over by cz custom) is that is on a standard 75 frame and not a SP-01 frame.  In other words, short dust cover and no accessory rail.

An 11.5 main spring will get the DA trigger pull to just under 7 pounds.

It is a very nice gun.  You can tell it has been worked over by CZ Custom when you pull that trigger and check the reset when compared to a stock shadow.

Edited by billthemarine2862

I've got both a 75 shadow and an sp01 shadow, among many other CZs.  The difference in weight, feel and balance comes down personal preference.  My son likes the 75.  I prefer the sp 01.  Oftentimes, I shoot the sp with a ts slide as I like even more weight and the longer sight radius.