Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Jerry Miculek

hopalong

Despite an inner ear problem and the Ammo problem in Ecuador, Jerry Miculek outlasts young upstarts Richardo from Ecuador and Bjorn from the Netherlands to win yet another world Title.

Congrats go out to all who went and shot this World shoot that will be marred for the ammo difficulties and the "Production" fiasco.

The US seems to have done pretty good, but I would like to have seen more of our guys/gals in the top of the Revolver division, looks like we need to get some practice in before the next one.

Congrats to Jerry, and the rest of the gang, thanks for representing the "Red headed step child" of USPSA.

For the next WS USPSA needs to send a team like they did the OPEN and Standard and Production teams (monetary support).

Now lets get out there and burn some powder before Bali !!!!!

Hopalong

Sam,

There isn't money from the USPSA for a team, and there won't be. There simply aren't enough of us. If we want money, we have to bust down the doors with 100 wheelgunners at a Nationals.

As for doing better at Bali, we did fine. Cliff and Lisa were at their first WS, and weren't crushed by the pressure. Next time either or both would do better. Me, I need to get in more practice. Considering that between the Nationals and Guayaquil, the only revolver shooting I did was to chrono my (left behind) match ammo, I kicked butt. I've got three years to pick up more speed, and I'm definitely not going to have my schedule so tight in 2008 that I can't practice.

For those who want a taste, try the IPSC target DA at 41 meters after running fifty feet. Or slap a no-shoot over it with six inches showing around the edge, and put it out twelve meters. The shots were tight, the times on movers fast, and maybe a stage a day was wide open and amenable to hosing.

Nothing like the hosefests so many clubs like to put on.

Gotta give Jerry credit for pushing through a slow start to get back on top. He still truly remains in a league of his own.

On the other hand, it appears that Ricardo and Spook pushed him harder than anybody's ever pushed him at this IPSC game. To my knowledge, nobody's gotten into the 90s against him at a big match, and both of them did that. Normally, only a few can get into the 80s, against a healthy and practiced-up Jerry anyway.

Both Ricardo and Spook deserve our hearty congratulations, as do the other members of the US Team who found the time and resources to represent us at the "big show."

Patrick,

Thanks for the info while also trying to shoot.

Yes you, Lisa and Cliff did great. Esp Cliff and Lisa at their first World shoot as you mention and it appears you picked up the pressure on Master Walsh by your close scores. JOB WELL DONE to all.

I understand that the difference between what we are used to and what they are used to also will help the IPSC shooters in the overall, that should also be a good thing to remember come next world shoot.

The revolver is an AMERICAN tradition, Richardo and Spook spanked our butts and everyone elses butts (except Jerry) with our own toys, maybe in three years we need to make them work a little harder for it.(Congrats to Spook and Richardo)

As for Mr. Miculek..... He seems to be in a league of his own and it is our responsibility to catch up, not make him do it all. (I'm trying)

Again Thanks Pat, you and the rest of the gang did well and made us proud.

As for money from USPSA..... I pay the same dues everyone else does, what I, you, or anyone else shoots should not matter !!!!!

AND there were not 100 Production shooters at the nationals if I can remember correctly it seems there were close to 90(the most ever)

BUT I digress, before I get my blood pressure up.

Hop

Now lets get out there and burn some powder before Bali !!!!!

Hopalong

Slight thread drift for a second.

You might find the Aussie attendance down at Bali this year.......

The tourists seem to be targeted by the law at the moment, several tourist have been arrested and face longer jail sentences then the guy responsible for the Bali bombings, is serving.

I was planning to go myself, until the recent events, and also know of a few other that have cancelled flights.

Talk about biting the hand that feeds you. :wacko:

A slight drift...

Never personally met Mr. Revolver.

Area 4 - 2000. Under the vendors area cooling off in the shade. I see some guy tearing around in a 4 wheeler from trash can to trash can. He leaps (literally) from the 4 wheeler, grabs the trash can and ties the plastic liner, chunks it in the back of a trailer. Bends over and picks up all the scattered trash that people have thrown at the can and missed... Roars off to the next stop. My buddie say's - that guy is the best revolver shooter of all time. Huh?? He explains that the trash guy is Jerry M. Well, seems to me that Mr Jerry seems like a pretty common fellow to be the best revolver shooter of all time.

How many people that are the best in the world - at anything - will haul trash to help out and make a match work?

I've had the pleasure of shooting with Mr. Miculek at this year's IRC and a couple of classes- both here and at his home. He and Kay opened up their home to four of us when we were in Louisiana and treated us to a home cooked meal.

To say he represents our sport well is an understatement. On the range he tapes, sets steel, picks up brass, just like us mere mortals. Jerry's skills are in a class all by themselves. What makes him larger than life, at least to me is his personable demeanor. Along with his inner ear infection, he was also dealing with a hand injury from the Nationals.

I'm looking forwards to hearing what Cliff's experiences were.

Hoping Lisa will join the forum as well to give her perspective.

Maybe in Bali I can be in the pit crew. B)

Btw, everybody seems to have videos of the auto guys.  Anybody have one or two of the revo guys doing their stuff at the WS?

I've got video of Jerry & Pat on most of the stages, but I can't up-load at the moment because I droped my camera at the airport & it's in the shop being fixed. I'll post some the moment I get it back.

Pat, are there any stages that you don't want posted? 15 & 24 come to mind :D

Jerry's just so smooooooth to watch.

I met him last year at the IRC and what a gentleman :D

Congrat's to him for his well deserved win and to all the other revo' shooters who made the long pilgrimage to E'dore!

Well done Spook. :D:D

I'll see you guys/gals in Bali--I've just got to work out what's going to be competitive as we're not allowed anything over 38 :angry: and there's nuthin' so sweet to reload as a 625 :D:D

I'd love to bring my 5" v-comp with titanium cylinder I've been using for ICORE the last 8 months, but I know I'd just have to shoot all eight :wub: