Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Prima SV shortage?

nutzach

Out of stock everywhere, which is part of why I started doing testing with Sport Pistol a while back even though I'm not out of V or SV yet.  I heard a rumor a while back that they would stop importing it...at this point, I'm not sure if that's true, or if we're just in between shipments...

Bummer, because SV is awesome!

Grafs is the importer and they are having issues .

Powder is on order but it could be quite some time before this powder is available again.

Price of powder and shipping will cause a large price increase . They are working on this.

This line of powder was brought in when other choices were not available now its not 

difficult to get other brands of powder.

Edited by AHI

23 hours ago, AHI said:

Grafs is the importer and they are having issues .

Powder is on order but it could be quite some time before this powder is available again.

Price of powder and shipping will cause a large price increase . They are working on this.

This line of powder was brought in when other choices were not available now its not 

difficult to get other brands of powder.

Thanks for the info, that's exactly why I started using it.  Nothing else was available and I wasn't happy with lot to lot variation in my last "panic powder", so I tried the V/SV and they were actually pretty great - especially for the price.  Hopefully Grafs can get it sorted...I know many people have gone back to their normal powders, but these are still excellent options to have on the market.  I did some testing with the BA 9 1/2 and had some great results as well.

I bought the last 36 lbs or so from powder valley in the fall. I surmised it might be disappearing, so I picked up 16 lbs of e3 as long as i was paying the h azmat.

I really dig sv, but I won't have any issue switching to e3 or sport pistol for a few years.