Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Volquartsen 1911 style frame or Mark III style frame

tke37617

Looking at a 4.5" Volquartsen for Steel Challenge Open Division.

I shoot 2011 style guns in USPSA and IDPA and love the feel of the grip. 

However, I have shot many Ruger's in the past and thought the grips always felt so comfortable.  I know it comes down to preference.

Wondering how many others prefer the Mark III or Mark IV grip over the 1911 style that Volquartsen offers.

thank you!!

Only the grip ANGLE will be the same.  The feel will be totally different.

I had a Scorpion.  I sold it.  Too many things wrong with it they could not fix in three returns to the factory.  I also tried a High Standard Supermatic Trophy, a Ruger, A custom tricked out Buckmark and a Hammeli X-Esse.  I don't have any of them anymore, except the trick Buckmark.  My wife shoots that now.

I shoot a custom 1911 with a Marvel Unit One conversion or a Custom CWA conversion upper.  Because the Marvel has a tight match chamber it will not always extract a chambered round.  So I use that for bullseye and the CWA for SCSA.  No issues at all.  No quirky mags.  They always drop free.  They feed everything, every time.

I have a Ruger Mark IV 22/45 Lite that I use for SCSA and love it.  Since the first month, break in period, I have not had a malfunction.  It's the most reliable pistol I've ever had.  

I love the 22/45 frame.  It has the same ergonomics as a 1911 but this gun is much lighter.  Better for faster transitions, so they say.