Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need a Magwell for Gen2 G17

FillYerHands

I have a Gen2 G17 that I have had for 25 years, and I have shot it in USPSA Production for 10 years. I have decided to move to Limited Minor, so I am looking at adding an inexpensive magwell.

I tried the Cytac polymer version, but every match I shot it in, it ended up either constraining mag inserts, or coming totally off, or both. Yes, I installed it per the online videos.

Note, I am not looking to add a $100 magwell, I want one $30 or under.

So, O sages, what do you recommend?

* Note, since I shot Production for a long time, and regular "Combat pistol" matches before that, I am willing to do without a magwell if that's the conclusion.

Hello: If you are going to shoot limited minor you will only be doing one reload per stage. Get some +5/6 base pads for your magazines and have fun. I am shooting a Gen 2 G17 in Carry Optics and can start with 23 +1 so again only one reload. The best Magwell I have used for a Glock is the Dawson but they are more than $30. As they say "Buy once, cry once". Thanks, Eric

16 hours ago, bowenbuilt said:

Magpul makes one, while not as large as some of the more expensive models it beats not having one at all and you won't knock it off.

I spoke to the Tech Service fellow at Magpul and he said it was designed for Gen3, and the Gen2 is actually different, and they would not guarantee it for that model. But if I don't see anything in the next while, I may go with it.

15 hours ago, Aircooled6racer said:

Hello: If you are going to shoot limited minor you will only be doing one reload per stage. Get some +5/6 base pads for your magazines and have fun. I am shooting a Gen 2 G17 in Carry Optics and can start with 23 +1 so again only one reload. The best Magwell I have used for a Glock is the Dawson but they are more than $30. As they say "Buy once, cry once". Thanks, Eric

A definite idea. Thanks!

BTW I do have +2 extenders on there now, but the bigger ones are enticing.

Edited by FillYerHands

• 2 weeks later...

A definite idea. Thanks!

BTW I do have +2 extenders on there now, but the bigger ones are enticing.

I used the TF +6 in a Gen2 17 in Limited Minor years ago.It worked perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk