Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Proper grip for EAA elite limited with magwell

bkcorwin

Hello all.  I am purchasing an EAA elite limited in 40sw and want to replace the wood grips.  I know little about the platform and want to verify that I buy the correct grips.  Pic of frame attached.

Am I correct that the EGD Xtreme grips are the appropriate ones (https://benstoegerproshop.com/egd-xtreme-eaa-tanfoglio-witness-large-frame-custom-grips-for-limited-open-by-eric-grauffel/)

Thanks much

Brian

eaa_limited_elite.jpg

I'll hijack the thread. I'm looking for that unicorn shape in grips. People who play computer games know this syndrome from trying to find the perfect shaped gaming mouse. 

What I have so far.

- The stock wood grips. Kinda too thick and don't provide enough grip. 

- LOK thin bogies. The right side feels ok, but the support hand is just too thin. My palm doesn't have enough contact with grip. My strong hand fingers wrap pretty far in to the weak side of the grip. 

- LOK palm swell bogies. The right side feels a bit too thick. I have hard time reaching mag release and because the texture is so rough breaking my grip is slow. Also getting the grip back is slow. The left side is okayish, but the hump is too forward. I have trouble getting my grip high. I end up gripping a tad too low. 

What I'm wondering where I'll spend my next 100eur. Or should I just start sanding and shaping the wood grip to make it fit my hand. What I want to know where Henning and Unica grips fit compared to three I have now. 

When I ordered my Limited I got the EGD blue grips added. They looked great but were too thin as many had said (while doing as much online research as possible) and I eventually ordered a pair of LOK palm swell checkered grips. They looked as good as the EGD's, fit perfectly after a couple minutes with a small file, and fit my hand much better. 

I had gone through the same thing on 1911's some time back with putting thin grips on a custom, but ended up with LOK standard size for it too. My thought process had been that I'd rather have a grip a little to small than one too large. I have multiple nice thin grips in bags now and hope I'll learn the lesson that thin grips are thin and I'm not.

If you look at the LOK Tanfoglio grips, the liners do look good on them. I went with blue grips and red liners.

11 hours ago, Tirppa said:

I'll hijack the thread. I'm looking for that unicorn shape in grips. People who play computer games know this syndrome from trying to find the perfect shaped gaming mouse. 

What I have so far.

- LOK thin bogies. The right side feels ok, but the support hand is just too thin. My palm doesn't have enough contact with grip. My strong hand fingers wrap pretty far in to the weak side of the grip. 

- LOK palm swell bogies. The right side feels a bit too thick. I have hard time reaching mag release and because the texture is so rough breaking my grip is slow. Also getting the grip back is slow. The left side is okayish, but the hump is too forward. I have trouble getting my grip high. I end up gripping a tad too low. 

What I'm wondering where I'll spend my next 100eur. Or should I just start sanding and shaping the wood grip to make it fit my hand. What I want to know where Henning and Unica grips fit compared to three I have now. 

On my CZ TSO, I have the LOK Bogies, but had them made fatter. So, they are flat, but wider on both sides. This allows much more weak hand contact, imo.

For a long while they didn't make the wider bogies for Tanfo, but apparently they do now.

Might be worth trying. I really love them.

11 hours ago, Tirppa said:

What I have so far.

Email LOK and have him custom make you a pair with the thickness you want. You can ask him if he can make one side thinner/thicker than the other.