Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mixing Mag Pouches?

matir

Is mixing types of mag pouches a terrible idea?  I have 2 double mag pouches from bladetech, but I'm told I should really be carrying ~6 mags for my SP-01 in production.  I'd like to get something more appropriate like DAA racers or Ghost 360 pouches, but I'm not sure I want to buy all 6 right now (especially until I try them).  How screwed up will it be (as a newbie, keep in mind) to mix like this?  Or should I just buy another double pouch from bladetech to keep it all the same?

As long as you can reach them all easily it doesn't matter unless you want to make a fashion statement.

With that said:  If they're all the same the spacing is even and may be smoother for you as you go back to each on the belt.

98% of the time you're going to use 3 mags plus the one in the gun.

Edited by jcc7x7

6 pouches i think is too much. Carry your make ready mag off your belt. In Production a reload is something you do often. I'd like as much consistency there as possible. Now that said, at the very beginning I mixed mag pouches by both brand and type as it was all I had. It didn't make the sky fall, but I did notice it was nicer when I did eventually get them all the same.

I have and do run mixed pouches on a couple of my rigs, as stated above as long as you can draw from them easily its only a fashion problem.  for production or SS I have the first 4 pouches are what really like then I stick a couple mags worth of whatever on the belt behind that for emergency make ready use, Limited and open I have 2 good ones with a couple of whatevers behind them, I would put CO in this camp too but my prod and CO use the same belt.