Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stoeger shell stop removal?

3Dflyer

I am considering doing my own loading port work on my new Stoeger M3k.

How do I remove the shell stop?  I see a pin with access from top and bottom, there is a slot inside the receiver where I can see some sort of spring or clip.  I cannot find anything on the Internet to provide instructions.

Finally, do any of you modify the shell stop to make it easier to push the shells into the tube?

There's a little clip that goes in the groove on the pin. It looks like a mini Bobby pin. Note the direction it's installed. Pull that clip off the pin and push the pin out while pushing the shell stop gently into the receiver. 

No modification of the shell stop is necessary. 

I would suggest replacing the factory pin and clip  with the version from MOA Precision, its a spiral wound pin and you will no longer have to use the clip, makes removing the carrier latch assembly much easier and no risk of losing the clip. MOA Precision has a bunch of great parts for the Stoeger.

https://moaprecisionllc.com/product/carrier-latch-pivot-pin-upgrade/

• 2 weeks later...

I did do some modifications to the shell stop, resulting in a much easier loading experience.  I find the shells push in easier, thus helping me prevent a traffic jam and causing the shells to misalign and spill onto the ground.

Also, I did mod my shell stop a bit by grinding back the front of the nose.  If you look at it you'll see its straight for a bit before the taper begins. I ground it back to the taper so shells need not be pushed so far before being caught by the latch. 

Edited by ChillyB