Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

STI question

Mlunyou

Yes.  A 5.0 Tactical in 9mm.  Extensively.  Initially had an extractor problem but STI sent me a new one and the problem was solved.  About 1500 rounds in, the hammer began to follow, and I adjusted the left leaf of the sear spring.  Zero problems from that day forward until I sold the pistol and replaced it with an STI Eagle 5.0.  Only about 500-600 rounds on that pistol so far (zero problems), as I have been shooting CZ 75 Shadows for the last 1 1/2 - 2 years.

I very much like the STI pistol, and apparently I have been fortunate enough to own a couple that were not plagued by unacceptable quality control issues that others have referenced on this forum.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I have 4 STI Tacticals. 2 of the 4.15” barreled Tacticals in 9mm, one of the older models that now sports an Alma Cole worked over Silica Carbide grip and a 2018+ model with the Extreme Shooters grip and DLC coating. 

What do do you want to know about them?  I don’t carry either of them as I have a bunch of other STI carry guns but they are my most shot guns at the range. 

the downside to 9mm in uspsa limited is you are shooting minor power factor so have a slight scoring disadvantage.  so most shoot 40 in limited to not have that scoring disadvantage.  9mm is perfect for 2 & 3 gun and the various steel matches that don't have major power factor scoring.  that said, 9mm is fun and cheap and lower recoil so go for it!