Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Is the Walther Q5 Match SF legal for SSP?

himurax13

As long it's from the factory it's ok (like a Glock 34).  According to the docs it should make weight and the dimensions looks good for the box.  I'd like to see someone who gets their hands on one to take a pic in the box with the magwell (for ESP).

• 1 month later...
On 1/14/2019 at 12:22 PM, himurax13 said:

I am asking due to the milling on the front of the slide.

8.1.7 Allowable Modifications for All Divisions
The following modification rules apply to firearms in all divisions.
A. Storage locks may be disabled or removed.
B. Magazine disconnects may be disabled or removed.
C. Lasers that are incorporated into the firearm or sights are allowed if they comply with all other division rules and
the laser is not activated during a string of fire. Tape may be used to prevent the laser from projecting.
D. An extended magazine release button may not be oversized in diameter or protrude more than 0.2” out from
the frame. The measurement is taken at the rear most part of the magazine release, where it exits the frame.
When the magazine release area is recessed into the grip frame, the grip frame to the rear of the recess is used
as the base of the measurement.
E. With respect to slide machining, SSP, ESP, CCP, CDP and BUG, Original Firearm Manufacturer (OFM) firearms
with extensive slide machining are approved for use in IDPA if they meet all other requirements for their
respective Divisions. For slide machining, an OFM product is defined as a complete firearm product, with
specific model part numbers or SKUs catalogued as stock items by the manufacturer and have a minimum
annual production of 2,000 units for that specific model.
Discontinued models must have had a total production
of 20,000 units for a specific model.

Is it OK?  I don't know, let's ask.......