Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CBC Brass - NEVER AGAIN!

IGOTGLOCKED

45 minutes ago, Bakerjd said:

CBC can eat a d. I crimp to .377 and have had multiple bullets fall out of the case with cbc brass. Like drop round into case gauge and when I pick up the case guage to dump the ammo into the ammo bucket the bullet and 3.2gn of powder are sitting on the bench. Tossed the entire box of once fired brass in the trash. I'll stick with known quality head stamp sorted, cleaned, sized and deprimed brass from everglades. I don't have time to sort brass by head stamp. And really dint have time to worry about a round falling out the case at a match. 

I get it. Sorting for headstamps is something I've always done so it's just part of my process.

I can certainly understand why some would consider it over the top.

I often ask myself that question.

• 8 months later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just had 5 FTF issues on my shadow 2 during 500 round practice and determined culprit to be this brass.

Gun stopped out of battery and I had to tap round out of gun from bore. 

Only CBC brass loaded longer than any of my other range pickup brass. The other brass was consistently 1.090 but cbc came in 1.100+. I went through a couple hundred rounds in my bag and sure enough, all the CBC was 1.100+. Found 26 so I feel confident that it wasn’t random. 

It was causing bullet to hit rifling, which is a pain to get it out gun. Glad it was practice, as this jam pretty guarantees a zero if it happens on a stage. 

Edited by Covfefe