Gomar83

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, Gomar83 said:

Is the stainless worth the extra cost over the blued moon?

The material is irrelevant ( unless you are using magnets to hold them to your belt ) 

the cheaper blued ones are TYPICALLY stamped out with a die, while more expensive ones , which sometimes are stainless, are cut with an EDM machine to very very specific and tight tolerances. 

Edited by alecmc

the cheaper blued ones are TYPICALLY stamped out with a die, while more expensive ones , which sometimes are stainless, are cut with an EDM machine to very very specific and tight tolerances. 

This. In 45, stamped steel works well. I see no benefit in the expensive ones. I bought 50 stamped ones from revolver supply when I got my 625, been very happy with them.

38s are a different matter entirely. The undercut on the rim is much smaller, you need the tight tolerances and square edges that you get with wire EDM.

On 2/12/2019 at 5:36 PM, PatJones said:

This. In 45, stamped steel works well. I see no benefit in the expensive ones. I bought 50 stamped ones from revolver supply when I got my 625, been very happy with them.

38s are a different matter entirely. The undercut on the rim is much smaller, you need the tight tolerances and square edges that you get with wire EDM.

I agree but my reloads are more consistent with the tight 38 moon clips.