Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CK Arms Open Solution

Tonygardner

If I didn’t buy my trubor, I probably would have got the solution as my first open gun.  It’s cool because you can pic the upgrades you want, or just buy the base model as is. I’d probably opt for the egw fire control group, aftec extractor and other high quality internals with the original build, Then latter on you could do cosmetic stuff like slide cuts and a high quality DLC or PvD etc type finish and a metal grip. I think it’s a good value, and great concept. 

I just ordered and received a CK solution gun I upgraded a bunch of stuff and ended up at around 3500. So far it has been great.  I am working on loads that work for my gun.  The gun works great. The only problem I have is magazine issue.  The gun does not come with mag and I find it frustrating to find info on mags that work.  I have sti tubes with Dawson percision base pads my 140mm mags work perfectly. The 170s not so much.  So to answer your question. The gun works great, mags not so much.  As a disclaimer, I should mention I loaded my 9mm rounds to Short.  This seems to be the main problem. 170 mags after being measured were all out of spec.  Mags are within spec. Going to the range today to test

9 hours ago, mitchiepinoy said:

Save up get a CHEELY !!!

Ck stands Cheely and Keigan.  The joint effort of both gunsmiths. They both have there own businesses. Cheeky custon gun, Freedom Gunworks for Bobby Keigan.  So, although there are differences, both have common parts. Ck makes frames

Edited by Glock17open

22 minutes ago, Glock17open said:

Ck stands Cheely and Keigan.  The joint effort of both gunsmiths. They both have there own businesses. Cheeky custon gun, Freedom Gunworks for Bobby Keigan.  So, although there are differences, both have common parts. Ck makes frames

Not any more, but yes that used to be the case.

27 minutes ago, Glock17open said:

I just ordered and received a CK solution gun I upgraded a bunch of stuff and ended up at around 3500. So far it has been great.  I am working on loads that work for my gun.  The gun works great. The only problem I have is magazine issue.  The gun does not come with mag and I find it frustrating to find info on mags that work.  I have sti tubes with Dawson percision base pads my 140mm mags work perfectly. The 170s not so much.  So to answer your question. The gun works great, mags not so much.  As a disclaimer, I should mention I loaded my 9mm rounds to Short.  This seems to be the main problem. 170 mags after being measured were all out of spec.  Mags are within spec. Going to the range today to test

I've had really good luck with stock STI mags IF I replace the spring with an ISMI.  I've also had good luck with MBX.

17 minutes ago, RangerTrace said:

I've had really good luck with stock STI mags IF I replace the spring with an ISMI.  I've also had good luck with MBX.

Thanks I think I have it figured out. The rounds were nose diving and getting caught under the feed ramp.  My rounds were 1.156.  I loaded fifth test rounds at 1.165.  mags were out of spec too. If it stops raining I am going to see if my adjustments work. It was odd that the first ten rounds worked in the mag and the last ten worked. The middle of the mag didn't work.

Edited by Glock17open

18 hours ago, Tonygardner said:

Has anyone picked one of the CK "open solution" guns up? Any feedback. I currently shoot CO while I save for an open gun. Seems like a good idea for an off the shelf open gun. 

I have a CK thunder. I think it's just all the options. It runs 100%. 

If you're looking to get into open for around $2,600 then the answer might be a nice option. 

If you're open to spending a little more money you might be surprised what you can get from a builder. I priced a build and I'm going the route.