Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Courtesy Check In

ChillyB

This is my first post since I just joined the forum so HELLO to all ...

I would like to try some competitive shooting.  I’ve never entered a formal competition and hope someone can point me in the right direction.  I’m a couple of weeks shy of 66 years old so are there age classes or divisions?

Welcome to the forum, both of you!

Larry, the super senior designation is for shooters 65 and older.  If you've never competed, I suggest you start with a steel match as they typically don't require any movement or reloads on the clock, and you can get used to drawing and shooting in a competitive setting.

Thanks so much for the response and advice!

Since I live in Southern California I suspect the matches are somewhat limited?  Maybe not.  Is there a calendar of events somewhere I could access and see what’s up in my neck of the woods?  Heck, since I’m retired I’d enjoy traveling to something in border states like Arizona or Nevada.

Thanks again ...

5 minutes ago, LEJ said:

Thanks so much for the response and advice!

Since I live in Southern California I suspect the matches are somewhat limited?  Maybe not.  Is there a calendar of events somewhere I could access and see what’s up in my neck of the woods?  Heck, since I’m retired I’d enjoy traveling to something in border states like Arizona or Nevada.

Thanks again ...

Welcome to the forum. 

Check these folks out. https://californiatacticalacademy.com/competitions-events/

WNPL in Nevada also has some cool matches.