Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dan Wesson V-Bob shoulder holster recommendations

lfine

Yeah, buy the nicest shoulder holster you can find, preferably custom made. Maybe some kind of exotic leather. Then cut the straps off of it, secure it to your belt and put your gun it in it. That way you won’t be muzzling every poor sap in the room any time you interact with your pistol. 

Congrats on on the new gun. 

Shoulder rigs, like anything else, you get what you pay for.

I have an Andrews Monarch and I like it as I spend a lot of time on horseback or a quad and for that a Shoulder rig works well vs a high ride paddle.

Sam Andrews is a good guy to deal with and can/will customize the rig. For example, do you want to carry in condition 1 (cocked & locked... the only way to carry IMO) or (hammer down.. Ughh)  ... lined or unlined holster.

Sometimes he might even have something in stock. Like most custom makers, if not in stock then you may have a month or more wait time.

I like the Monarch rig compared to say a Galco Jackass/Miami which generally require a tie down, are mass produced and may not "fit" your 1911 as well.

Moreover, Sam Andrews stands behind his work and when you call to place an order you generally get Sam directly.

https://samuel-andrews-crh7.squarespace.com/traditional-leather#/monarch-holster/

I have several Lou Alessi rigs he made before he passed away. I carried that way for years. Shoulder carry does have some advantages over belt carry but I’ve gone back to belt carry lately. No complaints with Alessi. The current maker is not responsive to email though.