Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

M1100 Mag Spring And Follower

tpe187

Hi Guys,

I'm almost done tweaking my M1100 CM. Got the Ez loader working right and now I'm looking at the mag spring and follower. I measured the spring with the mag extension off and it measures 4 1/2 inches past the muzzle. I have heard it should be around 10 inches. Is this true? If so, where should I get the springs to replace it with? Does anyone make a Delrin follower? Barring that, what are you guys using. Thanks

P.S. My new CTR-02 from JP Enterprises gets here on Wednesday, so I won't bug you anymore on shotguns for a while. Thanks to everyone who has gotten me this far.

Tom

It should be long enough to activate the lifter with the last shell of a full load, when everything is dirty from a days practice. If it does, it is. If it doesn't, then get a longer one from Choate. Just buy a ten-shot spring for your eight-shot gun, and trim as needed.

I had no luck at all with the Brownells follower. The way it's made it makes absolutely no sense at all. I made my own out of Delrin bar stock. www.redi-mag.com sells a molded delrin follower that you should take a look at. I think I'm going to give one a whirl when I get back into 3 gunning.