Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dirt-cheap Non-plastic Limited Gun!

Carmoney

Does anybody know if the Arredondo +2 baseplates will work on the Mecgar Mags that come with these Armscor wide-bodies? From doing some research I found that the Mecgars (like the older Para mags) have slightly shorter bodies then the current Para Mags.

Will the Arredondo baseplates on Mecgar Mags work with a S&A magwell?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was also wondering what magwell and basepads to use. I ordered the Dawson Ice but now I don't know if that was the best choice. I ordered 4 more mec-gar mags and they work great. I thought maybe I would try the dawson +0 (It's a Jersey thing) pads to see if they worked on the mec-gar 15 rounders.

for basepads that fit in the ipsc box you have to have a machinist make you one to maximize capacity(19 rounds for 40) trimmed follower.

Here in our country you can have a customized basepad for less than 10 dollars

Are the Rock Island 1911 wide bodies from Armscor?

I have a chance on a used but not worn RI high cap for a pretty good deal, has anyone had any experience with them?

Thanks

spankymac

Edited by spankymac

Are the Rock Island 1911 wide bodies from Armscor?

Armscor, Rock Island Armory, Twin Pines, (and I think even some of the Charles Daly's) are produced by the same company ARMS CORPORATION OF THE PHILIPPINES. A local smith claims to have built 3 of his .45s on the RIA frames & slides although I didn't see any of them.

I just bought a one of the 9mm Armscor Widebody 1911s. The finish is nice & it's been reliable so far with Mecgar mags. Some of the MIM parts were a little rough, I had to dremmel the magazine release and polish it up so i could release a loaded magazine. As a <$500 steel gun you'd be hard pressed to beat it. Especially nice that it runs well on cheap mecgar magazines which only cost me $17/each as opposed to the Para P18 mags which run $50/each even from CDNN.

Where can you purchase a 9mm Armscor

that there is the problem. <_<

I found mine through gunsamerica from this SC dealer:

http://www.gunsamerica.com/guns/976675802.htm

The Armscor rep said they haven't been able to import any in the last year and it'll still be a while before they get any more into the US. Good luck in your search, Euclid Sales in GA was frequently recommended to me but they're now out of business.

Mike,

Is the armscor .40 slide also an external extractor?

How about a shot of the other side of your setup. Nobody posts the right side of these Armscor pistols. :)

Edited by bp78

Mike,

Is the armscor .40 slide also an external extractor?

How about a shot of the other side of your setup. Nobody posts the right side of these Armscor pistols. :)

Spool on back up and take a look....both sides of my switch-top rig are pictured above.

The Armscor .40 slide I bought (from some guy on ebay who had a bunch of other Armscor stuff for sale at the same time) is an internal-extractor version. However, I believe the .40 widebodies which I have seen pictured on gunsamerica.com and whatnot are external extractor guns.

I've got a line on an Armscor Medallion hi-cap in .40. I haven't seen the gun but it is reported to have a factory adjustable rear sight, checkered front strap and fiber optic front sight.

Once I've got the gun, it'll most likely end up in my range bag as a spare or loaner Limited gun.

Anybody got any Para P-16 mags for sale?

I am thinking about getting a gun for USPSA Limited division. I've considered CZ and Witness. Paras and S_I's are not in my budget and the M-5 doesn't fit in my hand very well. Nor do the Glocks.

Where can I get a hold of one of these Armscor .40 cal hi-cap models? How much are they going for now?

Thanks,

Kevin

<fishbeafraid@juno.com>

I am thinking about getting a gun for USPSA Limited division. I've considered CZ and Witness. Paras and S_I's are not in my budget and the M-5 doesn't fit in my hand very well. Nor do the Glocks.

Where can I get a hold of one of these Armscor .40 cal hi-cap models? How much are they going for now?

Thanks,

Kevin

<fishbeafraid@juno.com>

There is one listed on gunbroker.com. search "armscor"

Thanks,

Kevin

<fishbeafraid@juno.com>

Thank you nphd2000....

Another Question:

Those of you that own Armscor and RIA products.... Who does the warranty work? If one experiences a problem with their product, must one send the firearm all the way back to the Philippines? Have any of you had any major problems with their products? If so, how did they take care of the problem? Thanks in advance!

Thanks,

Kevin

<fishbeafraid@juno.com>

Thank you nphd2000....

Another Question:

Those of you that own Armscor and RIA products.... Who does the warranty work? If one experiences a problem with their product, must one send the firearm all the way back to the Philippines? Have any of you had any major problems with their products? If so, how did they take care of the problem? Thanks in advance!

For any parts and/or warranty work, you can contact Ivan Walcott. He goes by blackdragon here and on a couple other Internet boards. He's a good person to deal with and he's quick to answer his e-mails, etc.

Edited by Tokarev

• 4 weeks later...

Hey, all.

I just picked up my new Medallion .40. This will be my spare USPSA gun for the Nationals. It's too dark out now to take pictures and the lighting in the house sucks. I'll get some pictures up tomorrow or the next day. I think you’ll enjoy looking at my new blaster.

I’d like to start by saying that I think sometimes I'm Rock Island's harshest critic (of those who have actually bought one) but Ivan has never taken offense. In fact, he's always listened to what I have to say and I know he's passed a few things on to the factory. Ivan told me that the Medallion line was better than the run-of-the-mill stuff so I ordered one up to see what he was talking about.

Overall, the pistol looks very good. The gun is finished in a nice even blue. Internally, the machining looks good. There are a few tool marks and casting marks but these are no worse than what I’ve seen from other manufacturers. The frame to slide fit is pretty tight and the barrel locks up nice and snug. The trigger breaks at a crisp four pounds with no over travel. The front strap, mainspring housing, grip safety and hammer spur all feature hand-cut checkering. The gun has an LPA adjustable rear and what looks like an EGW fiber optic front. The top of the slide is serrated. The grip safety looks like an Ed Brown clone. The barrel is heavy and features the Wilson/Nowlin ramp. The gun uses the reverse plug and full-length recoil spring guide.

I notice with some interest that the grip screws do not screw into escutcheons but directly into the frame. Not too big a deal but I’ll have to be extra careful to make sure I never cross thread a grip screw. Also, the grips don’t fit too well. I assume standard Para Ordnance grips will fit so that’s easily rectified.

I have to say that I’m pleased with the gun. As long as it runs reliably, it should be a great back-up piece. I’ll not have a chance to shoot it for a few days yet but I’ll post here after I do.

Anybody got some spare Para mags?

Lets see the pics of that medallion in .40. I haven't been able to find too much info about them. Might be a good beater limited gun.

Sorry. Haven't had time for pics. I have been working mandatory overtime and don't get home 'til after sunset.