Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

650xl with Mr Bulletfeeder or 1050?

I finally went for it! After tormenting myself for almost a year, I bit the bullet and went the whole hog - 1050 plus Mr. Bulletfeeder.... I must be mad 🤣🤣

Should be here within the next couple of weeks. 

36 minutes ago, Cliveb said:

I finally went for it! After tormenting myself for almost a year, I bit the bullet and went the whole hog - 1050 plus Mr. Bulletfeeder.... I must be mad 🤣🤣

Just be ready to be frustrated with the primer feeding until you get everything set up perfectly.

5 hours ago, Cliveb said:

Nice. I've been looking at jumping right to a 1050 for my first press. Been looking on the used market but if I can't find a good deal ill just wait for the 1100.

10 hours ago, RangerTrace said:

Just be ready to be frustrated with the primer feeding until you get everything set up perfectly.

Not my first press - well over 140,000 rounds loaded (on a 550). I think I'll manage to tweak it into shape 🙂

5 hours ago, Intheshaw1 said:

Nice. I've been looking at jumping right to a 1050 for my first press. Been looking on the used market but if I can't find a good deal ill just wait for the 1100.

Might be a bit much as a first press. Got a chum who owns one who can help out? On the other hand, you might be very good at tinkering.

1 hour ago, Cliveb said:

Not my first press - well over 140,000 rounds loaded (on a 550). I think I'll manage to tweak it into shape 🙂

I had somewhere close to that on a 650 myself before the 1050.  I'm sure you will be fine.  Just don't be surprised if it's a little stubborn at first.

3 hours ago, Cliveb said:

Might be a bit much as a first press. Got a chum who owns one who can help out? On the other hand, you might be very good at tinkering.

I'm sure it is a bit much but id like to think I'm pretty good at tinkering.

If I can find a really good deal on a 550 first I may buy that as well. I'm looking at eventually ending up with a 1050/1100 for my main rounds and a 550 for those one off rounds that's not worth the cost of getting another tool head for the 1050.

3 hours ago, RangerTrace said:

I had somewhere close to that on a 650 myself before the 1050.  I'm sure you will be fine.  Just don't be surprised if it's a little stubborn at first.

I'll know by some time next week. Will be sure to share the experience 🙂

She's here! 

Up and running - sweet 😁

Setup made much easier with all the info available on this forum. 

It's a whole new experience. What a great piece of kit. After dialling everything in, ran over 1000 rds. Now the problem will be keeping the beast fed 😅

Edited by Cliveb

T

On 10/26/2019 at 7:44 AM, Cliveb said:

She's here! 

Up and running - sweet 😁

Setup made much easier with all the info available on this forum. 

It's a whole new experience. What a great piece of kit. After dialling everything in, ran over 1000 rds. Now the problem will be keeping the beast fed 😅

Thanks for following up

I don't ever recall anyone saying I should have bought a 650 vs a 1050

I'm hoping to have a 1050 someday 🙂

18 hours ago, DWS said:

T

Thanks for following up

I don't ever recall anyone saying I should have bought a 650 vs a 1050

I'm hoping to have a 1050 someday 🙂

The 1050 is a totally different kettle of fish to the 650/750. Build quality is so much more solid - and I think that if I ever decide to automate, the 1050 will cope much better.

While there is a lot going on at once if set up with a bulletfeeder, once you get everything working together, it's a dream. By day 2 I was running at a rate of 1500 per hour, including time taken to top up primer mag and bullet collator. Also, I noticed that it's a lot less punishing on my shooter's elbow, which for me was a very important factor - with my 550, I'd have a painful elbow for a few days after loading about 500 rds.

Admittedly, there is a big price difference between the 1050 and 750, but we only live once.

One quick question. 
Standard practice is to clean and lube after 10,000 rounds loaded. The machine was quite oily when it arrived - does it need any greasing/lubing before I start cranking out serious quantities? I don't want to cause premature wear from day 1.
thanks

Clive