Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limited Div Mag Length

sv38supershooter

Yeah, and there should be a special provision for S_I .40 owners cause they usually come up short a round or two to those pesky Para shooters. And I should get 5 points for a C hit because I'm not a very good shot. Come on USPSA, wake up.

Seriously though, a double stack .45 gives you a slight disadvantage in Limited or a slight advantage in Lim-10. MHO is that USPSA is heading toward having too many divisions/rules/special categories rather than not enough.

John

Who besides S*I and Glock make a 170mm double stack magazine? There aren't any provisions in the rules for excetions.

IE: 140mm rule applies unless the caliber is .45 and then the 170mm rule applies.

Jees, the .45 got it's own division created twice. Limited 10 and now the provisional "Single Stack" division. Looks like the .45 guys are gettin' it pretty good already. :ph34r:

Glock makes a 170mm mag? Didn't know that, can someone link me?

Scherer Glock Mags

I doubt that they are 170mm compliant. I just threw that in there to have one extra manufacturer besides S*I who makes some sort of "big stick" in .45. The round count sounds kinda of high to make it into the gauge. The point is that there are now 2 divisions that the .45 can play in and be happy.

If you bought or built a .45 ACP limited gun in the last decade, then you should have known that you were at a disadvantage. If your gun is more than a decade old, then it is time to pony up a few clams and get a 40 S&W. Don't monkey with limited, it works and it is fun.

Lets have a 6 round revolver division and an 8 round revolver division. What about L-10 single stack, and L-10 wide body, and Single stack only with production type gear. Production with major and minor. Plastic gun production, and steel frame production would be nice. Are you wearing tactical pants, or street stealth pants?

Run what you brung. Worry more about calling your shots, and less about your gear. If you are caught doing a standing reload with ANY high cap Limited gun, then you failed to manage the COF correctly.

Stepping down off of soap box now.... ;)

Run what you brung. Worry more about calling your shots, and less about your gear. If you are caught doing a standing reload with ANY high cap Limited gun, then you failed to manage the COF correctly.

Stepping down off of soap box now.... ;)

TriggerT,

Your comment above says more than most. In almost any COF, there is plenty of room to do a reload without cost. 16-21 rounds can make a difference between shooters of equal ability, but if a real G will beat most of us even shooting a mionor single stack, just because he is really that much better.

Jim Norman