Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Western States Single Stack Championship

We have schduled the 4th Annual Western States Single Stack Championship at Rio Salado Sportsman's Club (Mesa, AZ)..............it will be the weekend of Jan. 28th and 29th, 2006.

I should have a link with an application within the week. It will be at www.riopractical.com

I will have more info in the coming days.

Steve H

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have an application, but it is in a Word file, my computer buddy is going to make it a pdf file, but in the mean time, if you want me to forward you a Word copy, let me know at stevehorsman@hotmail.com

I talked to Brian today and tried to get a copy on the thread, but I am a computer dumbass, and it got screwed up.

Steve

4th Annual Western States Single Stack Championship

January 28th & 29th 2006

Rio Salado Sportsman’s Club

Mesa, AZ

At least Match Fee $75

10 Stages (Juniors $25)

Includes lunch Sat. & breakfast Sun. and a match T-Shirt

Registration information:

Circle all that apply:

Major Minor Law Enforcement Military

Lady Super Sr. (60+) Sr. (50+) Jr. (<18)

Name

Address, City, State, Zip

Phone #1 (Home, Cell, Work)

Phone #2 (Home, Cell, Work)

Shirt Size: S, M, L, XL, 2XL

Email address

Squadding Requests

Scoring will use the Enos/Leatham scoring system (same as the 2005 match)

This will be a trophy only and cash payback match

Mail entry fee and form to: Steve Horsman 3160 E. Hampton Ave., Mesa, AZ. 85204

Make checks payable to: Rio Salado Practical Pistol

For additional information see www.riopractical.com or contact Steve Horsman at:

480-332-9849 or Steve_Horsman@hotmail.com

4thannualwsssc.doc

First off, Brian, you da man, I tried doing what you said to get the entry form over here, and I am a computer loser! Thanks for getting it here.

Next, Chuck S, you hit the nail on the hear. TGO will be shooting the match this time, I scheduled it for the same weekend as the SHOT show last year........again, I am a loser.

It is very similar scoring as Rob uses for his Drill Master club on his website. This will be the third year in a row that we have used it.

It is a scoring system the Brian came up with back in the day...........basically it is a points down converted into time. It is similar to IDPA scoring.

Example, if you shoot major, each point down is .50 second added to your time, if you shoot minor, is .80 for each point down.

That is a very basic explination of the scoring system.

If you have more specific questions, let me know.

Steve

You should be able to get a copy of the match application on our practical website, it is www.riopractical.com

applications have been already coming in, the match will be limited to 100 shooters...........

Steve

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for not getting back sooner, was in FL. for a few days and just got home.

We have about 25-30 shooters entered so far, I had a few sitting in my stack of mail when I got home late last night.

I expect it to fill up. I will start shootin the single stack after the Area 2.

STeve

Sorry for not getting back sooner, was in FL. for a few days and just got home. 

We have about 25-30 shooters entered so far, I had a few sitting in my stack of mail when I got home late last night.

I expect it to fill up.  I will start shootin the single stack after the Area 2.

STeve

Wich 1 you own like four of em! :P

I am thinking about shooting maybe my .40..........or maybe even shoot minor and go with my 9mm. I have the slide at Springfield right now, they are putting a new frame on it for me as I used the existing frame for my Bianchi gun.

Steve

Ok...screw it. I'm coming to the match! :) I've shot it the last two years now (last year was a REALLY tough match) with a bunch of the locals from up here. Right now they're not planning on making it down there but maybe I can figure a way to drag some of them back down with me. Now if I can just figure a creative way to get myself squaded with TGO....afterall we BOTH shoot Springfields! (thats got to count for something!) :)

Steve, tell Joey that the "Seattle Yankee" is coming (he'll know!!!!).

Edited by Steven Zopfi

Steve,

right on.....it will be open squadding, I am sure you can shoot with him and Kippi.....let me know if you need any info on hotels or anything, you have been down enough to probably know where to stay.

Are you coming down for Area 2?

• 1 month later...

Thanks Steve,

Ok, after talking with some folks, and really giving this a lot of thought, we have changed the rules and scoring for the WSSSC match to make it a USPSA match. We will be using the provisional single stack rules that the USPSA has put out, and will be using USPSA scoring that most of you are familiar with. I have to run, but will check back later tonight, and answer any question that anyone might have.

Steve H

Thanks Steve,

Ok, after talking with some folks, and really giving this a lot of thought, we have changed the rules and scoring for the WSSSC match to make it a USPSA match. We will be using the provisional single stack rules that the USPSA has put out, and will be using USPSA scoring that most of you are familiar with. I have to run, but will check back later tonight, and answer any question that anyone might have.

Steve H

WHAT!!!!!!!! :( Now I have to by a new barrel!!!!

Edited by feenz

I knew that some would not like the change, and that is why I thought long and hard about this............I think in the long run, it is for the better.............I will apoligize for those that have to make changes..........

I will refund entry fees if anyone wants to pull out...............

I will add more later, just got home from my CCW class, and am getting ready to go out to eat..........if you are in the area, I will be at the Red Mountain Action Pistol match at Rio tomorrow, come and talk to me if you have any concerns.......

Steve H

feenz,

What's wrong with your barrel?

It's a bull barrel in a 5'' gun. :)

Steve's changing of the rules has no effect on that barrel: it is ilegal under either set of rules. (SSC or USPSA 1911 div.)

Under the wsssc rules bull barrels were legal,I know I shot the match last year with it!

feenz,

Steve's changing of the rules has no effect on that barrel: it is ilegal under either set of rules. (SSC or USPSA 1911 div.)

Under the wsssc rules bull barrels were legal,I know I shot the match last year with it!

That's cool! I am only familiar with the 1911 society SSC rules:

(1911 Society Web Page)

where it states:

"No coned barrels or barrels with flanges will be allowed. (Except a production pistol with this type of barrel. Manufactured before October 1, 1995, or a 1911 compact pistols with a barrel length 4.2 inches or less cone barrels are allowed.)"

I am pretty sure that means bushing barrels only. Good for Steve giving you a break. Just be careful if you decide you have the need to travel to So. Ill for "The" SSC!

Edited by ChuckS

feenz,

That's cool! I am only familiar with the 1911 society SSC rules:

(1911 Society Web Page)

where it states:

"No coned barrels or barrels with flanges will be allowed. (Except a production pistol with this type of barrel. Manufactured before October 1, 1995, or a 1911 compact pistols with a barrel length 4.2 inches or less cone barrels are allowed.)"

I am pretty sure that means bushing barrels only. Good for Steve giving you a break. Just be careful if you decide you have the need to travel to So. Ill for "The" SSC!

Steve did not give me a break,and I was not the only one there with a bull barrel,they have alway's been legal at the wsssc match.I will get my barrel turned down and bushing it!