Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Canik tp9sfx trigger return spring

Drtheo

Hi, I came across one of these this weekend at a price I couldn't pass up.

So now I am working in getting the trigger in better shape.  It is nice starting with something that's already pretty good.   I have a 6.5 Glock striker spring on order as well as a reduced power plunger spring, and a freedom Smith trigger.   

My question is,   has anyone found a good trigger return spring out there?

You might try a Glock part, but in my case I just left the OEM spring in. I got the performance I wanted without changing it.

The Freedom trigger is definitely worth the cost, but you may have a problem with misfires when using the 6.5 striker spring (I had about a 2 per cent FTF rate). If you load ammo on a 1050 you'll be able to seat primers deep enough to overcome the problem, or if you can locate Federal small pistol primers you'll more than likely fix the issue entirely.

I went with a 7 pound Glock striker spring with Winchester primers seated to 0.005 below flush and wound up with a 2.5 pound trigger, and 100 per cent reliability.

Have fun. 

Edited by MikieM

You can use a spring from a ball point pin as a trigger return spring. You will have to shorten it and bend a hook on each end of the spring. I had to play around with it until I got a good trigger reset but it will work. Home Depot sells a spring collection in a box that has at least 3 springs that are about the same diameter as the trigger spring that could be used but you have to tweak them to get them to work.

what are the benefits of the Freedom trigger?  downsides?

my biggest complaint is the super long trigger take up - what can i do or replace to reduce the take up?

thanks!!
The freedom trigger definitely gets rid of take up. It breaks farther forward than the stock trigger though. I sold my freedom trigger and went back to stock trigger for that reason. It was just my preference.

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I used to have a PPQ Q5 Match and used a trigger spring kit from Sprinco (a 2.5lb-ish crisp break w/ a good return). I do not know if it works on your pistol but you may want to talk to Alan at Sprinco. It may work as both pistols are pretty similar.