Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Help with a EAA small frame

bluesky

18 minutes ago, billthemarine2862 said:

I didn't see that second pic you had posted. The sight you linked will not fit your slide.

Although with a good file anything is possible.

Thank you for explanation.  Save me some trouble. 

36 minutes ago, kneelingatlas said:

The sight you're looking for is called the Super Sight, I have some and will sell you one.  I also have a host of other parts including a .22 conversion and modern optic mounts.

I can't really see what's going on with the set screw, but it doesn't look good.  Is it a 9X19 or 9X21?

What do you plan to do with it?

It is a 9x19.  I really want to take off its compensator to clean the barrel.  You have optic mount for this gun?  I plan to add a rear sight or optic for competition.  Problem is I can't find a holster to fit with the compensator.

Edited by bluesky

You have a very nice looking pistol.  Is its comp fixed to the barrel as mine?  Most online picture I found doesn't show a screw like mine.  I would definitely keep the comp on, but want to see if I can take it off.

1 minute ago, billthemarine2862 said:

I use a WSM2 with my Tanfo.  I have tried a DAA race master 2 (whatever the newest one is) but, didn't care for the fit as much as my WSM 2.

Good to know.  I will look into it.

8 hours ago, bluesky said:

You have a very nice looking pistol.  Is its comp fixed to the barrel as mine?  Most online picture I found doesn't show a screw like mine.  I would definitely keep the comp on, but want to see if I can take it off.

The comp is affixed with an allen screw.

12 minutes ago, GrumpyOne said:

I have before, yes. I have two Springfield P9's, and have taken the comp off (and put back on) both of them.

My comp screw is very tight, and I am afraid of strip the screw.  I plan to use lots of PB Blaster on it next.

1 hour ago, bluesky said:

My comp screw is very tight, and I am afraid of strip the screw.  I plan to use lots of PB Blaster on it next.

Get a mini butane torch from the hardware store and heat the screw up. It is loctited in and the heat will break  the bond of the loctite

10 minutes ago, GrumpyOne said:

Get a mini butane torch from the hardware store and heat the screw up. It is loctited in and the heat will break  the bond of the loctite

I didn't think about this method at all, thank you very much.  Time to add one more tool to my tiny box.

4 hours ago, GrumpyOne said:

A small soldering iron works with less chance for collateral damage. 

Heat it to melting solder temps, wipe clean with leather or thick moist cloth, press it on the screw for 60 seconds.  loosen quickly.

Works.

4 minutes ago, johnbu said:

A small soldering iron works with less chance for collateral damage. 

Heat it to melting solder temps, wipe clean with leather or thick moist cloth, press it on the screw for 60 seconds.  loosen quickly.

Works.

Or cut the end off of an old mangled screw driver and heat that with a torch while it is sitting on the screw (assuming things will stay in place, worked well for me a month or so ago with an Allen head).  

Do you really need to hurry or does the loctite basically need to time cure again? 

14 hours ago, bluesky said:

I recently purchased a small frame TF to possibly use in IDPA and I found CZ grips kind of fit, but not in a manner most would like.  

LOK can probably make some custom ones for you and I believe Patriot Defense makes some plastic ones for the small frame. I ended up ordering some expensive aluminum Extreme ones from EAA that fit perfect. 

50 minutes ago, HesedTech said:

I recently purchased a small frame TF to possibly use in IDPA and I found CZ grips kind of fit, but not in a manner most would like.  

LOK can probably make some custom ones for you and I believe Patriot Defense makes some plastic ones for the small frame. I ended up ordering some expensive aluminum Extreme ones from EAA that fit perfect. 

Thank you for your information.  I will contact LOK.