Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Help with a EAA small frame

bluesky

Hello,

I am new here, and need helps from experts on a EAA witness small frame I pickup from gun broker.  It's modified old sport long slide from 90s.  I want to know how/if I can remove the slide racker on the frame and put a LPA target rear sight on it.  Here are some pictures of the pistol and slide racker on the frame.  Thank you.

43970714450_1b1742f917_n.jpg

43970718310_456a21d94c_z.jpg

43970719880_8696c54eca.jpg

Edited by bluesky

How do I take out the slide racker?  I am thinking about hammering it out.  From right to left side?  There is a hole in the middle of the slide racker, could it sit on a small cylinder sticking out from the slide?  I am guessing at this point. 

2 minutes ago, bluesky said:

How do I take out the slide racker?  I am thinking about hammering it out.  From right to left side?  There is a hole in the middle of the slide racker, could it sit on a small cylinder sticking out from the slide?  I am guessing at this point. 

looks like there is a screw holding that slide racker in place, you will need to unscrew that first

16 minutes ago, philippshen said:

looks like there is a screw holding that slide racker in place, you will need to unscrew that first

I can't figure out what kind of screw it is.  It's very small.  Barely fit a T-9 driver in it.

Will you also help me out about the compensator off the barrel?  There is a screw at the bottom, see this picture.  It has a tiny head, and the hole is very small.  I don't have any kind of long and skinny screw driver to reach it.  On the other hand the precision screw driver doesn't provide enough to unscrew it.  Any idea?

43971362570_830c29bfec.jpg

1 minute ago, bluesky said:

Will you also help me out about the compensator off the barrel?  There is a screw at the bottom, see this picture.  It has a tiny head, and the hole is very small.  I don't have any kind of long and skinny screw driver to reach it.  On the other hand the precision screw driver doesn't provide enough to unscrew it.  Any idea?

43971362570_830c29bfec.jpg

unfortunately I have no experience with compensator on tanfos, just like GrumpyOne said, that you really should ask kneellingatlas, he is the expert ?

The sight you're looking for is called the Super Sight, I have some and will sell you one.  I also have a host of other parts including a .22 conversion and modern optic mounts.

I can't really see what's going on with the set screw, but it doesn't look good.  Is it a 9X19 or 9X21?

What do you plan to do with it?