Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Change Holosight On Open

Adam B

I am about to aquire a new gun that has a Holosight mounted on it. What options do I have for mounts since I really dont want to use the Holosight. It is already drilled for the Holosight mount on both sides, 4 screws per side. Do they make a mount that will accomodate both the holosight and the c-more sights? I have an OKO and C-More that I could put on it.

I am about to aquire a new gun that has a Holosight mounted on it.  What options do I have for mounts since I really dont want to use the Holosight. It is already drilled for the Holosight mount on both sides, 4 screws per side.  Do they make a mount that will accomodate both the holosight and the c-more sights?  I have an OKO and C-More that I could put on it.

sti has a mount for the oko that can be drilled and tapped for your hole pattern. i think chuc at shooter's connection has the allchin mount that can have the same done to it.

http://www.stiguns.com/cgi-bin/mivavm?/Mer...egory_Code=SITE

good luck,

p.s. keep the holosight for your AR

Haven't you guys heard that "Fat is where it at..."

The dot was about as far off the bore as a C-more but they are "porky". They fit right in with 3" long full profile steel compensators and other heavy devices. I still have one on a shotgun and another on a carbine and they work well. The one off my pistol (with the integral mount) has been retired to the gunsafe but it could return someday.

Leo

Why?

It only weighs 9 or 10 ounces, the dot only sits about 2.75" up from the bore.

;)

I have a Holosight that weighs 11.5 oz. I could have gotten one that weights 8.8 oz for the same price, but this one takes AA's instead of little hard-to-find batteries. I shoot Limited, so right now the HWS is on my AR.

If weight is such an issue, why don't more of you Open shooters use the Docter sight? I know weight slows gun speed, but it also neutralizes recoil. The extra weight might be an advantage on a lighter gun. I'm asking out of ignorance rather than argumentativeness.

Haven't you guys heard that "Fat is where it at..."

The dot was about as far off the bore as a C-more but they are "porky".  They fit right in with 3" long full profile steel compensators and other heavy devices.  I still have one on a shotgun and another on a carbine and they work well.  The one off my pistol (with the integral mount) has been retired to the gunsafe but it could return someday.

Leo

Why?

It only weighs 9 or 10 ounces, the dot only sits about 2.75" up from the bore.

;)

L9x25,

are you bubba? from bubba's tips?

lynn

Cmore serendipity!

mount is one piece with the sight,

light

low to the bore(for a C-more)

reliable as the turning of the earth

Just wish the batterys lasted longer and were cheaper!

when i get another open gun, its going to have the same sight i have now. serendipity, 6moa dot!

the holo sight looks bulky on remington shotgun, i cant imagine ever putting one on a pistola..

First Gen Holosight

Integral mount all aluminum

weight, didn't seem to be a problem

lower than a Cmore

Interchangeable Reticles

cutting edge technology

Just wished they were still made so I could put them on my Gun

Just yanking harmongreers chain :)

not to thread drift

Alan

Thread drifting...

Has anybody seen up close the new Holosight? It seems shotgun focused with one made specifically for an 1100/1187 rib. I'd like to see one in person. I have one on my open shotgun and love it for the big window but it sits up pretty high. The new one looks lower overall but I can't find a pic of it mounted on a shotgun.