Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Question on Walther PPQ trigger bar polishing

Salsantini

I polished the trigger bar and the trigger bar guide on my PPQ M2.  Polished the side of the bar and the top edge.  On the Trigger bar guide I polished the bottom.  It is actually feels worse.  I assembled the pistol correctly and is functions fine.  Not quite understanding why the trigger feels more gritty.  Any thoughts?

Edited by Salsantini
Grammer

53 minutes ago, BritinUSA said:

If it feels rough when the slide is off then there might be some issue with the frame. If it feels rough when the slide is on then check the disconnector, the bar pushes it up as it runs over it.

It is rough with the slide off.  It was ok before I polished the parts.  When I push the trigger bar down so it no longer touches the trigger bar guide It feels smooth.  so I don't think it is the frame.  The roughness seems to be when the two parts interact.  Before polishing it was ok.   After it is rough.  I used a felt tip with my Dremel and Flitz to polish.  I think I will order replacements.  Install them and see if it goes back to the original condition.

Edited by Salsantini

Funny, I had the same result with my Q5. Felt worse after polishing. In the 5” standard I bought as backup to Q5, I just let shooting take care of it. Also Q5 okay after shooting a bunch. Both fine now. 

3 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

Weird. Polishing my Q5 took 1/4 pound off the pull but more importantly, made it slick and smooth.

Haven’t heard of this one before.

Did you only polish the trigger bar?  Or did you polish the trigger bar and the trigger bar guide?  I'm thinking it has something to do with the guide.

Ok. So I reworked the trigger bar guide.  I took some  440 then 1500 then 2000 grit sand paper and redid the trigger bar guide. I finished off the polish with a Dremel using a felt tip and Flitz polishing compound.  The trigger pull now feels smooth.  I the first time around I did not pay much attention to the trigger bar guide.