Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Heads up from a Glock newbie

GIO

The advanced crowd may already know this or it may be blatantly obvious but I learned something and wanted to share. 

I have been taking my Gen 4 G17 apart a ton of times lately as I hunt for the perfect trigger and I noticed something. 

When your reconnect the trigger bar to the trigger housing and you position the spring in the correct “S” orientation make sure the hook of the spring goes into that little slot in the trigger bar tab. You may think it is in but when you twist it to get it in place you lose sight of it and can’t really check unless you shine a light through the bottom when you have it in place.

I noticed my trigger wasn’t springing foward as far as it should to activate the trigger shoe safety and the spring being out of place ended up being the issue. I’m sure it impacts other things in the system as well.

anyway, disregard if obvious but I hope this helps fellow Glock challenged folks.. 

5 hours ago, 9x45 said:

It will run either way, but it should go in like this. 

trigspr.jpg

He's talking about the end of the trigger spring that hooks on to trigger bar twisting out of place while you put trigger bar back into place on reassembly. Like this:

538x0x.png

Never seen that in 25 years of running Glocks (Gen 3 and earlier). You have to use a kind of over head motion to swing it into the trigger housing and then snap it in place into the frame. Have you tried reversing the spring? Also the trigger bar in the picture seems to have a slight dimple at the spring hole. Have to pull out some of my spare triggers and check for that.

Yeah the newer trigger bars have a groove there to help keep the spring in place. They've been like that for probably close to 10 years now. 

I've never had a spring get twisted like that without trying, but always a good practice to look down in there after putting trigger bar into trigger mechanism housing to be sure trigger spring is in place right.

Thanks for contributing! 

Some people assume they know everything there is to know about every firearm...  nice to see some helpful info posted no and then besides the usual "here's how i got a half pound trigger in my Glock - by the way can anyone tell me why my gun won't bust most primers now" type stuff. 

7 hours ago, sfinney said:

nice to see some helpful info posted no and then besides the usual "here's how i got a half pound trigger in my Glock - by the way can anyone tell me why my gun won't bust most primers now" type stuff. 

:roflol: