Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RCBS bullet Feeder ? Anyone using it?

JDIllon

• 2 weeks later...

Just saw this thread. I have been using the RCBS bullet feeder on my Pro 2000 press for awhile. My biggest complaint is when you start running low on Bullets in the collator it won’t reliably feed bullets. Other than this it’s been a great addition. It’s not that much loader than the Mr Bullet model I have been around.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I tried the MBF mini and it didn't end up saving any time.

I do use the MBF bullet dropper die that came with the mini and have found it does a nice job of setting the bullet for me.

It allows me to do a no brain power bullet drop into the dropper die as opposed to consciously placing a bullet into the correct position on/in the case with my fingers.

The other nice thing about the MBF mini that I still use is the powder funnel. It does a nice job of belling the case and I think it allows the bullet to set straighter more reliably than the stock Dillon. Also didn't have to bell quite so much.

If I was going to do it over again I'd either just buy the MBF bullet dropper die and the powder funnel and then just feed it by hand or spring for the real MBF. 

(Which I will do at some point.)

Edited by ddc