Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Most realiable 2011 mags

Michigan3gunner

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got my first 2011 this year and was intimidated by all the mags and how you get different answers on what is the best. So I figured I'd post since lots of people come into this in the same boat.

I started with Gen 2 STI's (used Atlas mag tuning videos to put in their spec) with TTI basepads and TTI Springs/Followers.  The TTI Springs/Followers held 21 rounds easy for start and 20 reloadable no problem.  But the Followers were flimsy and I was worried about them.  One TTI Spring follower seemed to get out of spec and didn't work so I didn't use that mag.  After 2 months of heavy use one of the other mags started to show the same issue of the follower flipping on the last few rounds. 

I decided to switch to Grams Springs and Followers and they've been great.  It has a more robust spring and follower.  I won't go back to TTI guts.  One caution is that 21 is tough to get seated.  I won't need 22 all the time on the start so I'm not too worried about it.  20 is easily reloadable. 

To sum up my reccomendation

STI Gen 2 Mags / TTI Basepads / Grams internals

Do the Atlas tuning method to the STI mag bodies.  It takes 15 Min a mag and is not complicated.

On 9/29/2018 at 9:21 PM, Sdlrodeo said:

I have 6 SVI mags. I don’t know if they are new or old but since they came with my Titan I’d guess new. I also have 4 Gen1 STI mags and one Gen2 that I run in my EDGE. I think the SVI mags stay in tune longer. 

New style have the SV engraving on the side of the tube.  Old style have no engraving.