Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hello from damn near Canada

NorthernMedic

Hey guys!  This being my first post let me introduce myself. 

I just started shooting USPSA in May of this year and have decided to make it my discipline of choice.  I literally just got a USPSA membership last week after shooting a handful of matches so I haven't classified yet, but I think it will be a C or honestly D classification.  My goal is to finish out the year and come next year get an A qualification. 

I am excited to see myself improve as time goes on and I put in the hard work with dry fire practice 3-4 times  week and live fire 2-3 times a week.  I live way out in the country with some pretty awesome neighbors so I have my own range.  Which is great for practice, but hard on the wallet. 

Right now I am shooting Open Minor with a "fauxland special" Glock 19 and plan to continue shooting in that class as that's what I carry.

Looking forward to getting some great advice and starting a training diary to keep me accountable for my training regime.

Thanks!

-Northern Medic

Funny story I just worked up a 9 Major load with CFE pistol this morning.  It shot reasonably softly with the Agency 417 comp.  I used small rifle primers after some advice from a reloading friend and those seemed to hold up a little better than the Federal SPP that I was using before with this load.  124's at 1400fps is enough to make Major I think.  I was a little concerned about the ejector mark on the case head but it's not indented severely and the primers still had some shape to them. 

-NorthernMedic

If you dry fire 3-4 times & live fire 2 - 3 times a week you will make A class with any gun. One piece of advice if you don't have them already is get some dry fire/live fire books and a shot timer. The books are (in my opinion) the best bang for your buck for improvement.