Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Is www.ultimategunsales.net a legit shop?

Elsewhere, we spotted a shop calling itself Ultimate Gun Sales advertising on a local web auction site - in Finland.

They state their address is 2303 Yale Dr, Arlington, TX 76015, USA  (looks like a house in a residential area on Google Maps) but claim that they have a Russian representative and can sell through shops in Europe.

Exporting and importing between Europe and USA tends to be cumbersome, and people are suspicious. Anybody know anything?

edit:

this is one of their ads in Finland: https://www.nettiaseet.fi/en/myydaan/luvanvaraiset-aseet-pistoolit-9mm/glock-19-gen-4-9mm-helsinki-uusimaa/6872

Edited by perttime

• 1 year later...

I am not currrently a member, however I am trying to find out if this company is legit or not. I just placed an order with them using my Visa Credit card to the tune of $499 for a new Glock 19X and their order acknowledgement says under "SHIPPING" and I quote, "Will be communicated to you after your order has been approved". What the heck does that mean, what "approval" is needed, and from whom? The language used seems like someone wrote it who has little comfort with the English language. Any way should I worry about a scam? Should I alert Visa not to honor the charges? Or should I chill out and wait to hear from them about the "approval" of my order?

Has anyone ordered from them and successfully received the products ordered?

Please ease my nervousness or tell me to put the brakes on the order!!!!

Thanks

You pick a thread asking the same question, that's 1-1/2 years old, with no responses either way, AFTER you made the purchase, and just NOW you're making an attempt at due diligence? I'm not trying to be harsh, but the cart seems to have migrated itself around in front of the horse.

I'd cancel the order, do more research, or purchase from a well-known reputable dealer even if it costs a few dollars more.

3 hours ago, Nervous said:

I am not currrently a member, however I am trying to find out if this company is legit or not. I just placed an order with them using my Visa Credit card to the tune of $499 for a new Glock 19X and their order acknowledgement says under "SHIPPING" and I quote, "Will be communicated to you after your order has been approved". What the heck does that mean, what "approval" is needed, and from whom? The language used seems like someone wrote it who has little comfort with the English language. Any way should I worry about a scam? Should I alert Visa not to honor the charges? Or should I chill out and wait to hear from them about the "approval" of my order?

Has anyone ordered from them and successfully received the products ordered?

Please ease my nervousness or tell me to put the brakes on the order!!!!

Thanks

My gut says call your credit card company and reverse the charges.

Did the require any form of contact to provide your FFL information before “shipping” became the order status?

Edited by MemphisMechanic

There's lots of sale ads on that site that I wouldn't touch. Companies that don't seem to exist, persons who seem impossible to contact, not to speak about locating. Not going to risk my hard earned money. I recommend nobody else does either.

2 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

My gut says call your credit card company and reverse the charges.

Did the require any form of contact to provide your FFL information before “shipping” became the order status?

The sale site is located in Finland. FFL and stuff that like isnt relevant here. However, from what people have been able to dig up, the suspect company might or might not be in USA..... All the more reason to suspect things aren't quite right.

Edited by perttime

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

You need to contact your credit card company...see below. A Glock 19X in stock for $499 is 2 red flags. Sorry about your luck, but I thought the same thing and did some sniffing around. 

CURRENT ALERTS FOR THIS BUSINESS

Alert: 
BBB has received information confirming that Campbell Defense’s location and Federal Firearms License have been compromised. Unauthorized individuals are using Ultimate Gun Sales to solicit consumers into purchasing firearms online through wiring funds and other unsecured forms of payment. Campbell Defense, (previously located at 2303 Yale Dr. Arlington Texas) appears to no longer be operating. Please be cautious in responding to offers from the Ultimate Gun Sales.

• 1 month later...

Just got scammed from Ultimategunsales.net 

thought it was legit. I was fooled. They said they’re card system was down and needed me to pay through cash app or vanilla card .i went with vanilla card.  I “bought” a ar556 ruger for 450$. They did not ask me for an FFL location. It was my first time  trying to order a gun online. Pretty pissed. Sucks. Was communicating through text and last thing was that they told me my payment went through. They are professional scammers.

• 4 months later...