Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Uspsa Newbie, Anyone From Wy

XAFSP

On the link below there is an option to enter your zip code, this will provide you with a list of Clubs in your area that are affiliated with USPSA.

USPSA Club Finder

Quite a few Wyoming shooters take part in matches in Colorado. There is one on the 3rd Sunday of each month near Ault, about 1.5 hours drive from Laramie. It's a great range, nice people too.

Howdy!

I'm from Gillette, and we don't have a USPSA club here in town, so I drive to Casper or Shoshoni for my IPSC fix.

Google Wind River Practical Shooters for the Shoshoni club, and Ghost Town Shooters (Practical Shooters?) and you should get the club pages if the search above doesn't get you there.

There is a Steel Challenge match in Shoshoni over Labor Day weekend, hope to see you there! Let me know if you have any other questions.

The closest IPSC shooting for you would indeed be in Colorado. The Weld County range is probably as close as it's going to get. The only active Wyoming IPSC clubs are Casper, Shoshoni, Dubois, Cody, and Jackson. Man I wish Laramie and Cheyenne would get something going...

There will be members from all of the Wyoming clubs at the Shoshoni Steel Challenge Match . Would like to have you attend.

Yes, there is a CAS club in Cheyenne and in Ft. Collins. But they don't do practical. I would like to expand my shooting sports.

We do have a shooting club here but nothing organized.

Tim

XAFSP,

Welcome to the board and welcome to the sport, If you can't find anything closer, contact Ghost Town, via the USPSA sight. Great facility, great people. I am pretty green and Spence Cutrell and Mike Nash are great baby-sitters with non-existant egos, you will leave your first match hungry for the next, the way it should be.

Also, :unsure: everyone else appears to be named Jim or Paul, so that is kind of handy :D

• 1 month later...