Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Taccom Adjustable Recoil System in Rifle Length Tube

I am running the Taccom system in my PCC right now.  I picked up a Smoke Composites light weight stock off a prize table yesterday and wanted to give it a shot.

I will be adding the short stroke kit to the system soon as well.

What kind of spacer or spring do I need to make this work?

I’ve been using s TACCOM 3 stage system in a rifle length extension for awhile.  If you go to MidwayUSA, Rock River Arms sells a delein spacer for something like $12.  I’ve been using that with no issues.  I’m starting a project to use the TACCOM short stroke in an A5 extension.  I bought a 12” length of 1” delrin rod on Amazon for about the same price as I paid for my “real” RRA extension which is a fraction of that length.  I haven’t messed with my new length of delrin to verify how it works yet but I think that may be the smarter way to go because you can customize the length.  Once I have a ballpark idea of length I’m going to cut a handful of different lengths and try them in live fire and hopefully one will stand out as superior.  

11 hours ago, JohnnyD said:

I am running the Taccom system in my PCC right now.  I picked up a Smoke Composites light weight stock off a prize table yesterday and wanted to give it a shot.

I will be adding the short stroke kit to the system soon as well.

What kind of spacer or spring do I need to make this work?

I have an A5 length tube, and I just measured the inside difference between it and my mil spec carbine tube. 

Then I put a stack of quarters measuring that amount in the bottom to start out.

Then you can add or subtract quarters to figure out the length of the delrin rod needed.