Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

schuemann 4 port

k1llapanda

Whats up my doods and doodettes!?

I tried the search, found nothing on it so if anyone knows if thereis a thread and can find it please link. But i am getting a new gun built and am looking at schuemann barrels. I want an AET, supercomp, and thats really all that matters. The non hybrids are out of stock, so its between the 4 port hybrid, and the non drilled hybrid, which we would then drill the holes. my question is, is 4 ports too much? i assume you can just gas er up a lil bit more to make pf, but wanted to see what all you OGs thought first, or if anyone has any experience with the 4 port ones. here is a link to the 4 port. http://www.schuemann.com/OnlineCatalog/SchuemannCatalog/tabid/91/c/barrels/p/gp35ctm2/Default.aspx

thanks in advance for any info provided. appreciate you all!

Last I heard Schuemann is still not making any barrels.  Out of business.

KKM for a bull barrel or

SVI for a bull barrel or blank hybrid. 

SVI is the closest to a Schuemann but they won't sell the AET and

only the 5.4/5.5 inch version.  You can get a blank hybrid/island barrel from them.

They do use a 1-24 twist which should work very well.

Takes about 90 days to get one from SVI so plan ahead.

3 or 4 ports seem to be shooter choice.  Some like 8 or 10.

Schuemann website stock wasn't up to date a couple months ago when I was looking. I emailed them about something that was out of stock online and they replied saying they had it available and another item that was in stock online, I got no response assuming they didn't have one. this was a few months ago. 

I bought my SVI barrel from speedshooters - in stock no wait

Edited by Fo0

I’ve run Schumann 4 port hybicomp barrels for a long time, yes they do need a tiny bit more powder to make major

yes your scope set up is critical, to far forward and your scope will get blasted, and yes they are loud and the gun shoots flat

and having said all that, my next gun will have a KKM

the problem with running a hybicomp barrel is you’re stuck with a single source manufacturer and should you ever have to replace the barrel, you’d better hope that they haven’t changed their specs on them, svi used to sell a 4 port hybicomp barrel, now it looks like the rib goes almost all the way back to the top locking lugs

my current gun has a Schumann blank 4 port length ribbed barrel that replaced a 4 port hybicomp barrel, I’d like to get another one to convert the gun to 9 but they’re out of stock and may never be available again

On 9/13/2018 at 9:26 PM, Fo0 said:

Schuemann website stock wasn't up to date a couple months ago when I was looking. I emailed them about something that was out of stock online and they replied saying they had it available and another item that was in stock online, I got no response assuming they didn't have one. this was a few months ago. 

I bought my SVI barrel from speedshooters - in stock no wait

Ya I emailed schuemann and have had no luck on response yet. I was thinking the svi route. Thanks 

21 hours ago, rishii said:

I’ve run Schumann 4 port hybicomp barrels for a long time, yes they do need a tiny bit more powder to make major

yes your scope set up is critical, to far forward and your scope will get blasted, and yes they are loud and the gun shoots flat

and having said all that, my next gun will have a KKM

the problem with running a hybicomp barrel is you’re stuck with a single source manufacturer and should you ever have to replace the barrel, you’d better hope that they haven’t changed their specs on them, svi used to sell a 4 port hybicomp barrel, now it looks like the rib goes almost all the way back to the top locking lugs

my current gun has a Schumann blank 4 port length ribbed barrel that replaced a 4 port hybicomp barrel, I’d like to get another one to convert the gun to 9 but they’re out of stock and may never be available again

Very valid points! Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate it!