Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

AR-Comp

KyleC

I think it may be too fast for anything but the lightest 6.5 bullets.

I loaded a few .308 175gr RDF's over 41.4 of AR Comp and got pretty decent performance of about 1.25" at 100 yards out of a rifle that shoots with 1" with Federal Gold Medal Match. 

I have 5,000 of the first run non-cannelure RMR 3GH 69gr BTHP that I need to find a recipe using AR Comp.  

• 3 weeks later...

AR-COMP is my go-to in .308 and 5.56 with 168gr, 175gr, and 69gr, and 77gr loads respectively. I have found the loads directly from Alliant are pretty accurate. I have done full ladder workups only to end up with the exact load Alliant has in their online guide. 

Edited by JRM83

• 1 month later...

Out of my buddies Savage 10FCP .308 with 20" barrel, using 42.5gr AR Comp behind a 150gr Barnes TTSX seated to 2.852" OAL, I managed to exceed Barnes factory load by over 100fps and bring the accuracy sub-MOA in LC09 brass with S&B LRP.  It will be his new deer and elk load. 

I loaded up 30 of the RMR 3GH in Speer .223 nickel brass with 23.2gr of AR Comp at 2.260" and I can't wait to see how they shoot.  My new 24" Bergara barrel in my AR15 that I built for coyotes will shoot sub-MOA 5 shot groups with just about any quality ammo I feed it, from MK262 clone to ZQI M855.  Australian Outback 69gr SMK shoots dime sized groups, and that is what I am hoping to replicate, but with more velocity.