Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Outerlimits, If you know the RM, could you get us an idea about how long the rifle shots will be? I know the Desert Sportsmans Club has a set of short pistol bays, but they also have some long rifle bays 200-1000 yards. It would be nice to know if we are going to have a bunch of long range rifle shots.

Thanks

Scott

Outerlimits, If you know the RM, could you get us an idea about how long the rifle shots will be? I know the Desert Sportsmans Club has a set of short pistol bays, but they also have some long rifle bays 200-1000 yards. It would be nice to know if we are going to have a bunch of long range rifle shots.

Thanks

Scott

been trying to get that info-NBT's are expensive and i wanna know how many i need as well. last year, if i recal, there were only a handful beyond 200 in the whole match. but they were a bear from those wicked positions... ;)

With the new USPSA scoring, 6 flashers with a higher number of points assigned to them, could amount to 25% of your rifle points. In IMG rules a miss on steel is only 5 sec (sometimes it's faster to miss) but if they assign 25 points to each of those 6 steel the penalty for not hitting them is, or could, be greater than in IMG rules.

Scott

been trying to get that info-NBT's are expensive and i wanna know how many i need as well. last year, if i recal, there were only a handful beyond 200 in the whole match. but they were a bear from those wicked positions... ;)

That's a fact. The match a couple of years ago there was some not so " big guy " friendly stages at the far left of the range if I recall.

With the new USPSA scoring, 6 flashers with a higher number of points assigned to them, could amount to 25% of your rifle points. In IMG rules a miss on steel is only 5 sec  (sometimes it's faster to miss) but if they assign 25 points to each of those 6 steel the penalty for not hitting them is, or could, be greater than in IMG rules.

Scott

IMGA rules call for a 10 second penalty for misses, not 5. RM3G (modified IMGA rules) also has the ability to assign higher values to targets as well as penalize you for failing "to make a good faith effort to engage and hit targets in order to gain advantage."

• 3 weeks later...

Hi 3-Gunners!

There are only 30 slots left available for the 3Gun National Championships. These slots will be distributed on a first-come, first-serve basis so if you're planning to attend this match, now's the time to get your app in. Download app here at the Nationals Page.

Also, rooms at the match hotel are selling out quickly. Call the Riviera directly at 800-634-6753 to make your reservations or follow the link on the Nats page to make your reservation online. Tell them you’re coming in for the United States Practical Shooting Association/3-Gun Nationals and give them the following code: USPSA-05 to qualify for the special rates/breakfast deal.

Kim