Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Wait!!!  S Grrl is in the hospital too!!!  I knew that Sig Lady is getting the bionic hip thing but whats going on?  Both 'ladies of insight' terrorizing the hospital wards at the same time!!!

Note to the men and women in white:  better get the pain pills there on time or hope they didn't sneak in a blaster!!!  LOL

Best wishes and get well soon gals.

James.

Well hopefully S Grrl is not toooooo mad.  

Sig lady is back!!!  Welcome back Ms. Brain,  hope the recovery isn't tooo bad and the results are more than expected.  Hope it isn't too hard to get used to that annoying sound every time you use the new hip!!!

Get back to the shootin' soon!!!

I just hope our SGrrl isn't too offended by all this, uh, misunderstanding (made for an interesting thread there for a moment, though). Wow, wouldn't that be weird if she WERE also doing a hospital stay...?  (But she never mentioned it that I know of....)

Yep, back and limpin' around, but feeling fine, kicking-ass-and-taking-names and planning for a future without the pain. The folks at the shooting range sent flowers today, even. Came thru it all really, really well and it's a darn weird feeling to have one of your major body parts feel, well, totally different. The doctor was so impressed with how it went that he's kicking around the idea of having me speak before one of his patient education sessions on the way in which I handled my case (I performed a lot of research, interviews and detailed preparation).

OK, enough of that. The SiG Lady is now bionic and will eventually have a better shooting stance! And wasn't that some of the reason for all this...?!

PH--

Yes, that's what I am afraid of...!!! Which is why I'll be taking dry-firing pretty seriously for a couple of weeks. Knowing me, however, I'll not only be back in a car shortly but back at the range. If I can drive I can probably shoot. There'll be none of this wimpy sittin' around feelin' sorry for ourselves!

Funny thing, I've been visualizing the center of targets when I have a moment or two to spare... like training the mental eyes, perhaps. Besides, I have to live up to what I just did to my public image: My personalized vehicle plates arrived last week...  "10 ZONE"   If I shoot below 85% from now on everyone will laugh at me--or worse.

You can also just keep your guns around and fiddle with them as you talk on phone, watch TV or whatever. Mike Jordan always had a basketball with him. If you followed Robbie or Todd around you would see they are always playing with a gun.

After a while the mental part is almost everything to winning. Without being too cocky,when I win a match. I win it long before I get there. My preparation and level of trust and confidence in my skills along with playing over the win and shooting in my mind works. I also shoot courses in my mind. Can you win by just doing this. NO But its something you can do while you are off. It also really helps with match jitters. Visualization can be a powerful tool just don't let it be your only tool.:)

The visualization is important in maintaining the subtle patterning we develop in order to do what we do. You're right about just handling the guns anytime... it triggers the patterning already in place about shooting and renews your relationship with those patterns if you find yourself unable to go blasting live. Keeps you in the proper state of mind. I've done it a time or two to renew my relationship, let's say, with a handgun I hadn't fired for a while... and it was remarkable. And field-stripping or quickie-cleaning a gun is a useful exercise in 'handling', too.

Thanx!