Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

cz 75 B single action

skyjumper

Don't know if you can change out parts, or not.  The only CZ74 SA I've dealt with now has a CGW race hammer, adjustable sear, a straight trigger from CZ USA and some polishing of internals.  It's right at 2 lbs. now and much crisper than out of the box.  My youngest son won't hardly shoot any other pistols now.  His excuse?  Well dad, I just like shooting small groups.

I've not bought one of my own but I converted one of my compacts to SAO with the same parts.  Very nice.

what is the lowest trigger pull weight achievable with shelf parts?

I am looking at SAO Aluminum Trigger, CGW hammer/sear, Reduced Power Trigger Return Spring, SRS-2 Short Reset System with 11.5lb hammer spring. 

Most people will say a reduced power hammer spring really doesn't reduce SA trigger pull.  I've actually read (can't confirm it in my own experience) going lighter on the hammer spring can make the SA trigger feel worse (not as crisp).  The CGW race hammer and adjustable sear really help improve how crisp the trigger pull/feel is.  The adjustable sear speeds up the transition of parts because you won't have to work on the original safety shaft/cam that blocks sear movement when in the SAFE position.  Any change in the hammer/sear engagement usually results in the need to work on that cam on the safety shaft.  After doing one the cheap way (stoning the safety cam little by little till it was perfect - but it took over twenty remove, stone, install, test, and then repeat cycles to get it just right) I did the next two with the CGW adjustable sear.

Man people who go with a much lower powered hammer spring also install the CGW extended firing pin, reduced firing pin return spring and firing pin retaining pin in their slide, too.  As well as a reduced power firing pin block spring - if you leave the firing pin block installed.  I did on my compact conversion.  I thought I might want to carry it some day and wanted to leave that extra safety installed/working.

My CZ TS (similar SA setup) is 1.5lbs with 100% reliability but it's a little light for my taste. At that weight there's enough intertia to AD on a drop (no fpb) and I've had a couple of close calls while moving between arrays. I resprung it to 2.5lbs and like it better at that weight. Sharper break and a real clean reset.