Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Case head separation/stuck case

NateTSU

Yesterday I had a case head separation in my 9mm PCC, the extractor pulled out the lower half but the upper half is still stuck in the chamber. I need help/advice on how to remove the stuck portion of the case. I did recover the lower half and the brass looks like has a shoulder/step in the brass. I am going to look through my empties to see if I can find a matching head stamp to confirm. It wasn't a hot load 3.4 TG and a 124 SNS RN out of a 10.5" 9mm upper. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks 

Nathan 

FreeZing sometimes works wonders on dissimilar metals. 

Also, a penetrating oil is useful in these situations. Kroil works well. I’m too cheap to buy it. I use Dextron automatic transmission fluid mixed with an equal part of mineral spirits. The home brew creeps between just about any tow surfaces. Works great on guns and off road equipment. 

Well I tried to get it out with a .45 brush, no luck. So I put it in the freezer over night tried again with the brush and still would not budge, so I put two patches on my 9mm jag and jammed it into the chamber and it came out no problem. Thanks for the help everybody.